Options

Sharegroups Suggestion: Optional Security

295th295th Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited September 5, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Action: I password protected my SmugMug site instead of applying individual passwords for each photo album (reduce redundancy). I gave that password to my immediate family only.

Issue: This worked great until I created a Sharegroup. I selected a soccer album to share and the non-family individual was prompted for the site password.

Possible Workarounds:

1) Create a separate password for the soccer album but now my family members can't access that specific sharegroup album. I would have to give my family additional passwords for sharegroup albums, right?

2) Take off the site password and go back to password protecting all of my albums (no way!). Actually, this is what SmugMug support suggested, I believe.

Better Workaround or Suggestion:

Permit Sharegroups to view select albums within that sharegroup ONLY without a password (optional of course).

Anyway, the whole password thing seems rather "quirky" to me but I'm new so what do I know? :D

Appreciate hearing from others with an interest in sharegroup or album security.

Thank you,
Mike

Comments

• Options
    brettpappasbrettpappas Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited September 5, 2008
    I have the exact same need to share my whole gallery with family and also share certain albums with groups of parents for sports shots that I take.

Does anyone have a solution for this? Having the sharegroup links allow access to albums without the password seems like the best option.