Colorado Springs, CO Sunset, 19 August

davidryandavidryan Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
edited August 22, 2008 in Landscapes
Hello all--

I found a new spot from which to view the mountains and there is the added plus of the airport being in the foreground.

It is difficult to make a 14,110 foot mountain look small-- but Nature seems to pull this feat off at the end of every day. More often than not, we get amazing sunsets and though this one is note all that noteworthy, I like the mood.

Colorado Springs, as seen from the approach end of runway 35L, KCOS.

356803648_7a2m9-M.jpg

Comments

• schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    I have to say the airport buildings aren't doing much for me but the clouds and mountains really are. I love the layers in there, and the clash of yellow and blue. Lovely!
  • davidryandavidryan Registered Users Posts: 306 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    I have to say the airport buildings aren't doing much for me but the clouds and mountains really are. I love the layers in there, and the clash of yellow and blue. Lovely!
    I have to admit, I agree with you about the buildings. But as a pilot, I felt compelled :D I think of it as a tribute to my earth-bound Air Traffic Contoller friends.

This shot was taken around the same time. I did not want any human factors in this shot-- so a closer crop was necessary. Not sure if I like it or not but would love some critiques/suggestions.

356877244_qumXd-M.jpg
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2008
    This shot was taken around the same time. I did not want any human factors in this shot-- so a closer crop was necessary. Not sure if I like it or not but would love some critiques/suggestions.

356877244_qumXd-M.jpg[/QUOTE]

This second shot is better. But you need to get rid of the annoying bright spots on the top center and top right corner.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers