Back to School Intro Photos

shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
edited August 23, 2008 in People
My 6 year old is to take photos of her to school to share with her classmates next week. These are to help her tell a little about herself. I thought we should have fun with them. So here they are...

She likes to watch movies (inspired by jeffreaux2's recent photo)
357146807_LdfNz-L.jpg

She likes to read books
357147476_EaBdJ-L.jpg

She likes to play with her Barbies
357147984_BrV9k-L.jpg

And she likes to play Hide-and-Seek
357148339_fENQR-L.jpg

Comments

• pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    Cute kid :D

The position of her hand bothers in the first, she looks like she might be feeling sick.

Second is nice, maybe a little light on her face from the side would help, as it's a bit flat there.

The third is quite cute, but I don't like the textures of the room. Add a vignette or re-shoot to isolate with focus?

And that last one is spot on, even if she's looking at her imaginary parrot friend, at look at the camera so that she'd be telling me to keep quiet would make this a total winner! Excellent! bowdown.gif
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    She'll have the best darn photos in the class! But I'd reshoot the first one what with the hand and the flash reflection over her head in the background.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    She'll have the best darn photos in the class! But I'd reshoot the first one what with the hand and the flash reflection over her head in the background.
    15524779-Ti.gif - that first one is the only one that isn't a real winner. That last one though is just spot on! Well done indeed!thumb.gif
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    The last one rocks!thumb.gif

The first needs some help. Why is there a flash in the BG? It looks like a movie projector yet you framed her to appear as though she is watching television. I bet getting rid of the bg light.....talk her into a frightened look....and letting her oversized shadow play on the wall behind her.....especially if it were a cloned in bogey man shadow would look cool.

In other words...a scarey movie....
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    Cute kid :D

The position of her hand bothers in the first, she looks like she might be feeling sick.

Second is nice, maybe a little light on her face from the side would help, as it's a bit flat there.

The third is quite cute, but I don't like the textures of the room. Add a vignette or re-shoot to isolate with focus?

And that last one is spot on, even if she's looking at her imaginary parrot friend, at look at the camera so that she'd be telling me to keep quiet would make this a total winner! Excellent! bowdown.gif

Thanks Pyry for the individual comments. You are right on every account. Her endurance wasn't as quick as my learning curve. She gave me about three shots at each location before she said she was done. I should have dialed in the lighting first then had her come in.
    edited August 23, 2008

Thanks for the feedback. Agreed on the reshoot. Especially after reading Jeffreaux2's comment. I'll have to try that one.
    edited August 23, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif - that first one is the only one that isn't a real winner. That last one though is just spot on! Well done indeed!thumb.gif

Thanks Scott! Looks unanimous on the reshoot. I'll have to see if she is up to it.
    edited August 23, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    The last one rocks!thumb.gif

The first needs some help. Why is there a flash in the BG? It looks like a movie projector yet you framed her to appear as though she is watching television. I bet getting rid of the bg light.....talk her into a frightened look....and letting her oversized shadow play on the wall behind her.....especially if it were a cloned in bogey man shadow would look cool.

In other words...a scarey movie....

Love your idea!! Have to break out the ice cream for bribing. My problem was impatience from the model. Boy, you would think that paid models (free room and board) would be more patient, but...
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    Very cool

My uni opens on Monday i am totally sick rolleyes1.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited August 23, 2008
    Very cool

My uni opens on Monday i am totally sick rolleyes1.gif

Good luck at the university Awais. What is your course of study?