Options

Finding out the image size

OppsOpps Registered Users Posts: 160 Major grins
edited August 24, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I would like to use the images I have stored at SmugMug on my private site ... but due to how the site is set up I need to know the size of the images I link to.

Is there a simple way to find out the actual image size of a image so that I can type in width and height when I add the link?
--
Jan Erik Moström

Comments

• Options
    ShebaJoShebaJo Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    Opps wrote:
    I would like to use the images I have stored at SmugMug on my private site ... but due to how the site is set up I need to know the size of the images I link to.

Is there a simple way to find out the actual image size of a image so that I can type in width and height when I add the link?
    Right click on the image you want to use.
    Click "Properties"
    it will pop-up all the info you need....
    the "address" of the pic
    and the "image dimensions"

If you have your photos right click protected, just allow right click to get the info, go back to right click protected when you are done.

I hope that is what you need.
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2008
    ShebaJo wrote:
    Right click on the image you want to use.
    Click "Properties"
    it will pop-up all the info you need....
    the "address" of the pic
    and the "image dimensions"

If you have your photos right click protected, just allow right click to get the info, go back to right click protected when you are done.

I hope that is what you need.

Hmmm, this doesn't seem to work at all on my machine. Does it require some special browser/operating system? I tested using Safari on a Mac.
    --
    Jan Erik Moström
  • Options
    ShebaJoShebaJo Registered Users Posts: 179 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    Opps wrote:
    Hmmm, this doesn't seem to work at all on my machine. Does it require some special browser/operating system? I tested using Safari on a Mac.
    sorry, I didn't realize it didn't work with safari... it does w/ firefox and ie. i just went through the options using safari, none provide the properties info. the only other way that i know how to find image size, it does work using safari, is the "i" ... "info" button when mousing over an image, rating/info bars pops-up.

sorry this didn't work for you.
  • Options
    edited August 23, 2008
    No problem, I can use Firefox instead ... in fact it's a really good idea, have to see if I can get it to work in my regular browser (not safari)

Thanks thumb.gif
    --
    Jan Erik Moström
  • Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,246 moderator
    edited August 23, 2008
    Opps wrote:

If you're talking about the display size, you can set your own custom size. I do this all of the time for the images I include in my blog. See http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-photo-sizes.

--- Denise
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2008
    If you're talking about the display size, you can set your own custom size. I do this all of the time for the images I include in my blog. See http://www.smugmug.com/help/custom-photo-sizes.

--- Denise

Yes, the problem is that I need to know the exact width of the pictures for certain CSS stuff to work. But because of the aspect ratio it might be if I say that a picture should be 1024 wide and 1024 tall it might turn out that the actual picture is 835 px wide.

But FF makes it fairly easy to get the height/width so that works for me.
    --
    Jan Erik Moström