Sunlight In The Woods

DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
edited August 24, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I took this on a very windy day in the woods. How the light was shinning in depended on how the wind moved the trees.

Hope you enjoy it and thanks for looking :D Any C&C always appreciated.

357491019_cFyEZ-L-2.jpg

Comments

• InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at. Is that a bottle or rubbish in the picture?

Kinda cool how the wind made a pretty straight shape.

Edit: I think as I look a bit more it looks like a painting still life. However, i'm wondering if the top could be cropped off? So much black border.
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2008
    I'm not exactly sure what I'm looking at. Is that a bottle or rubbish in the picture?

Kinda cool how the wind made a pretty straight shape.

Edit: I think as I look a bit more it looks like a painting still life. However, i'm wondering if the top could be cropped off? So much black border.

Yes that is a plastic bottle. It looked like an old milk carton.

Your right I should take off some of the top. I will do that thumb.gif Thanks!
    edited August 23, 2008
    Does this crop look better?

357606397_um9NS-L.jpg
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Dogdots wrote:
    I took this on a very windy day in the woods. How the light was shinning in depended on how the wind moved the trees.

Hope you enjoy it and thanks for looking :D Any C&C always appreciated.

Looks rather mysterious Mary Kim, reminds me of a grid search.
    I like it thumb.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • InsuredDisasterInsuredDisaster Registered Users Posts: 1,132 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Hey, I like the cropped version a lot more. Very interesting.
    edited August 24, 2008
    I'm glad you like the cropped version better InsuredDisaster...I do to thumb.gif

Skippy -- Thanks for the nice comment. This was a ditch in the woods that was getting the light, but only when a big tree would blow in one direction. So I had to time my shot with the blowing of the wind. Which most times was quicker then me rolleyes1.gif
  • PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Howdy Mary Kim,

Interesting image, it makes you look hard to see the details, but that's kind of neat in itself.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
    edited August 24, 2008
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Mary Kim,

Interesting image, it makes you look hard to see the details, but that's kind of neat in itself.

I thought it was kind of interesting to...you do have to look close here then in the original, but I was amazed that with all the woods around me...the only place that saw sun for moments at a time was where there was garbage.

I didn't want to get really close...some farmers like to hide electric fences in amongst the barbed wire ones :D