Options

Problem with editing a page

savannahgasavannahga Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited August 24, 2008 in SmugMug Support
When I click the "edit" link to edit a page the edit box doesn't show up to input html. What gives?

Here's the page: http://www.savannahga.smugmug.com/gallery/260075

Thanks,
Jeff

Comments

• Options
    edited August 24, 2008
    Jeez, when will Andy be back again!?
  • Options
    hyachtshyachts Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Send an email to SmugMug support if you think it's really a SM error. Andy's not the only guy around who can help...
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2008
    Mentioning Andy was being sarcastic since noone else would answer...
  • Options
    chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Try refreshing the page ...
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    savannahga wrote:
    When I click the "edit" link to edit a page the edit box doesn't show up to input html. What gives?

Here's the page: http://www.savannahga.smugmug.com/gallery/260075

Thanks,
    Jeff

Usually, when this happens to folks, it's because the custom HTML you have put in the page has some missing tags which messes up the Smugmug HTML display. Often it's a missing </div> tag, but it could be other types of tags too. You do have a lost of custom HTML in this page. I'd suggest rechecking each piece of your HTML to make sure that all open and closing tags are matched, particularly <div></div> and <table></table>.

There are also some other ways to edit things that aren't vulnerable to this problem. For example, if you're trying to edit the gallery description, you can go to the customize gallery page and edit the description there.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    jfriend wrote:
    Usually, when this happens to folks, it's because the custom HTML you have put in the page has some missing tags which messes up the Smugmug HTML display. Often it's a missing </div> tag, but it could be other types of tags too. You do have a lost of custom HTML in this page. I'd suggest rechecking each piece of your HTML to make sure that all open and closing tags are matched, particularly <div></div> and <table></table>.

There are also some other ways to edit things that aren't vulnerable to this problem. For example, if you're trying to edit the gallery description, you can go to the customize gallery page and edit the description there.

If fact, when I run your page through an HTML validator, it shows all sorts of errors with lots of unclosed tags. To start with, line 264 has a div tag inside a table that isn't closed. When you fix your HTML, this problem will likely go away.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question