Scott Kelby Photo Walk 2008- San Jose, Ca

aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
edited August 24, 2008 in Landscapes
Scott Kelby organized a world-wide photowalk on Aug. 23, 2008.

Our very own Awais lead the photowalk in Islamabad Pakistan and the one San Jose CA was special because it was lead by Frederick V. Johnson, project manager for Light Room who got Adobe to pony some major prizes for the various photowalks.

People shot with point and shoots. Others have dSLRs and various lenses. Some people bought tripods. The only criteria was for people to have fun and explore.

It was nice to meeting new photographers and I can’t wait to see the photos from this trip and the ones around the world.

1. We met at Adobe at 4 pm.
357764530_M4dX6-M.jpg

2. Mirrors Like Windows
357764694_pHJGi-M.jpg

3. Downtown San Jose, Ca
357765046_dNsi6-M.jpg

4. Reflections (with photographers)
357766001_jYQuu-M.jpg

5. Photographers on the move (and mini-blinds too)
357771695_HjeK6-M.jpg

6. Palm Trees
357771843_5U5Yf-M.jpg

7. Lines
357772237_6rzUW-M.jpg

8. The (tired) motley crew at the end of the photowalk
357765669_SX6Jq-M.jpg

C&C welcomed and appreciated.

Comments

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    aktse wrote:
    Scott Kelby organized a world-wide photowalk on Aug. 23, 2008.

Our very own Awais lead the photowalk in Islamabad Pakistan and the one San Jose CA was special because it was lead by Frederick V. Johnson, project manager for Light Room who got Adobe to pony some major prizes for the various photowalks.

People shot with point and shoots. Others have dSLRs and various lenses. Some people bought tripods. The only criteria was for people to have fun and explore.

It was nice to meeting new photographers and I can’t wait to see the photos from this trip and the ones around the world.

1. We met at Adobe at 4 pm.
    2. Mirrors Like Windows
    3. Downtown San Jose, Ca
    4. Reflections (with photographers)
    5. Photographers on the move (and mini-blinds too)
    6. Palm Trees
    7. Lines
    8. The (tired) motley crew at the end of the photowalk
    C&C welcomed and appreciated.

Hi April, heyyyyyy I like your IR Palm Trees ... cool star too clap.gif
    Looks like you had fun to me girl nod.gif

Congrats to Awais for taking the lead in his area thumb.gif

It's a great way to meet people....... hmmm what did I do, lets see, worked hahahaha, gotta pay for that new lens somehow.

Got yourself some nice shots April thumb.gif See you soon.... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    WOW I love your IR palm shot!! thumb.gif

Why do I only find out about these kinds of things after the fact? :bash It sounds like a great, casual afternoon with lots of shooting and good cheer. D'oh.

Anyway great shots and I'm thrilled you got to go!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    clap.gif There are great, great buildings loved the reflections
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    It's a great way to meet people....... hmmm what did I do, lets see, worked hahahaha, gotta pay for that new lens somehow.
    Your new lens would have been *perfect* for an event like this.
    edited August 24, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    WOW I love your IR palm shot!! thumb.gif

Why do I only find out about these kinds of things after the fact? :bash It sounds like a great, casual afternoon with lots of shooting and good cheer. D'oh.

Anyway great shots and I'm thrilled you got to go!
    I'm still questioning the post-processing of that shot and knew it was a capture that I wanted to get. Is it better as a B&W?

And for everything else... well....

In all honesty, I was very unsure about the photowalk. I really don’t consider landscape person, and the urban landscape is foreign to me. And downtown San Jose a subject???? I was thinking that maybe I should have went to a different one (SF, Oakland, etc.) because I thought the subject would be more interesting – more alive and with energy.

I was questioning if my eye was good enough to capture something interesting in a group of 50 people in a surrounding that I found quite boring, stark and sterile.

I saw Awais’s photos before I left and they were magnificent – colorful, interesting, haunting, etc, and I couldn’t figure out how downtown, San Jose could even compare.

And I surprised myself. I wasn’t happy with most of the frames during the two hours, but I did up with two that I really like.

Next time, I'll make sure that you know about the photowalk!
    edited August 24, 2008
    clap.gif There are great, great buildings loved the reflections

Thanks so much for your kind words!

And the reflections really surprised me. It was something unexpected…