A day in the flee market

motimoti Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
edited August 31, 2005 in People
Last weekend I decided it was about time to take my old 828 for a little walk. Off we went to the flee market.
This perticular market is one of the places where you really don't want to be seen with a DSLR. But the 828 with its swival back did a very good job...

Here are some examples.

flee21.jpg

flee22.jpg

flee23.jpg

flee24.jpg

flee25.jpg

flee26.jpg

flee27.jpg

flee28.jpg

Cheers
Moti

Comments

• DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    Quite a collection there
    I like the one with the colorful kerchief and the older lady in mint green. Of course the vendors? eating, are very funny too.
  • motimoti Registered Users Posts: 77 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    Dee wrote:
    I like the one with the colorful kerchief and the older lady in mint green. Of course the vendors? eating, are very funny too.
    Thank you very much Dee.
    Moti
  • thegreeneggthegreenegg Registered Users Posts: 551 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    I like the lady in the red scarf and the gentlemen behind her examining the pants. It seems to tell two stories at once. Lovely job.
    Ashley
    Green is the way to be!
    ashleyharding.smugmug.com
  • GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,882 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    Hi Moti,

Nice pictures thumb.gif

Was this in Brussels?
  • UmbroUmbro Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    #7 I think sticking your fingers up at someone coz ya don't like the price is a bit strong :D
    You should call that shot "Up yours Mate!"
    edited April 26, 2005
    I like the lady in the red scarf and the gentlemen behind her examining the pants. It seems to tell two stories at once. Lovely job.
    Ashley
    Thank you Ashley.
    edited April 26, 2005
    GSPeP wrote:
    Hi Moti,

Nice pictures thumb.gif
    Was this in Brussels?
    Thanks you Peter,
    Yes, this was a small local brocante in Brussels.
    Moti
  • GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,882 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    I thought I recognized the place ... and part of a belgian licence plate on one of the cars helps also.

Brussels is a city where a lot of different cultures live together. A nice place to take pictures.

If one happens to be in Antwerp on a sunday morning, don't forget to visit the 'birdmarket'. There is also a very nice 'brocante' in front of the entrance of the pedestrian tunnel under the river.
    edited April 27, 2005
    GSPeP wrote:
    I thought I recognized the place ... and part of a belgian licence plate on one of the cars helps also.

Brussels is a city where a lot of different cultures live together. A nice place to take pictures.

If one happens to be in Antwerp on a sunday morning, don't forget to visit the 'birdmarket'. There is also a very nice 'brocante' in front of the entrance of the pedestrian tunnel under the river.
    Thank you very much for the tips Peter. I actually plan to come to the birds marked in the near future and also spend some time shooting in the Port of Antwerp and at [size=-1]Cogels-Osylei.
    Maybe we can meet for a beer when I'm there?

Cheers
    Moti
    [/size]
  • snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    I love the way you seem to have snuck up on everyone. They don't seem to be aware of you at all. I especially like the lady in the red scarf. All of the elderly ladies a great. Nice bunch of shots.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
    edited April 28, 2005
    snapapple wrote:
    I love the way you seem to have snuck up on everyone. They don't seem to be aware of you at all. I especially like the lady in the red scarf. All of the elderly ladies a great. Nice bunch of shots.
    Thank you very much Snappy. sneaking was not too difficult due to the swivel back of the F828 I used, which IMHO makes it a great camera for candid shots.

Cheers
    Moti
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2005
    I really like the one of the older lady in the pale green dress and headscarf looking at some fabric.. I think the contrast between the smooth and perfectly pressed clothes and her lined face is lovely... tells me a story..clap.gif
  • mereimagemereimage Registered Users Posts: 448 Major grins
    edited April 28, 2005
    Nice color in those first shots
    Aren't digital cameras great///Mereimage
  • windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2005
    great pic! wish i could see more of her face though,

flee26.jpg

thanx for sharing it

troy
  • Yuri PautovYuri Pautov Registered Users Posts: 1,918 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2005