Raw or Raw & high jpeg?????

Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited April 27, 2005 in People
:dunno Ok I need to take photos in black and white... I love to shoot raw. So should I shoot raw and in photo shop cd use the channel mixer to make them black and white or a filter?

Or should I go and shoot raw and Black and White at the same time? I use 1gig cf cards on a 20d... So im looking at 106 pic or 80 per card before changing cards... what would you do or recumend?
www.dipphoto.com
All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust

Comments

• binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    ne_nau.gif Ok I need to take photos in black and white... I love to shoot raw. So should I shoot raw and in photo shop cd use the channel mixer to make them black and white or a filter?

Or should I go and shoot raw and Black and White at the same time? I use 1gig cf cards on a 20d... So im looking at 106 pic or 80 per card before changing cards... what would you do or recumend?
    i'm pretty sure that doing black and white in camera is pointless because it basically does just what you do in photoshop. i personally use the optikverve virtualphotographer (optikvervelabs.com) filter for photoshop to do all of my b&w, plus it's FREE. i have a gallery of my favorite pictures converted using virtualphotographer here.

why wouldn't you shoot raw?
  • KirwinKirwin Registered Users Posts: 417 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    Appreciate the link! I'll have fun experimenting with these plugins. It even works with MS Digital Image Pro 10. Thanks!thumb.gif
    binghott wrote:
    i'm pretty sure that doing black and white in camera is pointless because it basically does just what you do in photoshop. i personally use the optikverve virtualphotographer (optikvervelabs.com) filter for photoshop to do all of my b&w, plus it's FREE. i have a gallery of my favorite pictures converted using virtualphotographer here.

Regards,
    Kirwin
  • adrian_kadrian_k Registered Users Posts: 557 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    wicked link
    thanks for the link - I'm goan to spend a long time playing with that (which is probably not a good thing).

And with a bit of luck I'll find it useful when I've finished playing.
    binghott wrote:

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
    Adrian
    my stuff is here.....