Options

To Enhance Support Better...

RoadrunnrRoadrunnr Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited August 25, 2008 in SmugMug Support
In light of the problem that I and some other users are/were facing (refer to the post: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=100417)

I would like to make a recommendation to SmugMug that would make their life easier:

1. Any changes that are big or small, smugmug should notify the user community.

2. From 1. above, have an option for users to select in what form of communication they will like to receive when there are any changes done by smugmug.

Not sure if this has been recommended or suggested before, but I believe in doing the above, it will alleviate a lot of the problems people will encounter after the fact.

Comments

• Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 25, 2008
    Roadrunnr wrote:
    In light of the problem that I and some other users are/were facing (refer to the post: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=100417)

I would like to make a recommendation to SmugMug that would make their life easier:

1. Any changes that are big or small, smugmug should notify the user community.

2. From 1. above, have an option for users to select in what form of communication they will like to receive when there are any changes done by smugmug.

Not sure if this has been recommended or suggested before, but I believe in doing the above, it will alleviate a lot of the problems people will encounter after the fact.

We are planning on sending out a news update on homepages as well as emailing anyone who could potentially be affected by the change (and has chosen to receive email updates from us) well before it takes place. So that covers all three major forms of communication we have with you.

The issue some people have been facing this weekend is a separate problem and one we did not foresee. Basically, either our directions were unclear or some people didn't read them, because they had their CNAME pointed to theirnickname.smugmug.com instead of domains.smugmug.com (new) or the soon-to-be-busted www.smugmug.com.

The fact that it worked before was, if anything, coincidental. It was set up improperly.
    SmugMug Product Manager