Escaping power!

teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
edited August 26, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Saturday night the 18th I was out over night for the Nocturnal Challenge Adventure Race an 18 hour race held in the Tosohatchee WMA just to the east of Orlando Florida. The wild life management area is on the Saint Johns River which is currently above flood stage due to Tropical Storm Fay dumping 28”s of rain this past week. The power lines where unavoidable, the jeep trail I was on is called power line road either side of it is swamp. I went out there again this weekend to see how bad the water had come up… Was able to motor my small boat right under the power lines, I'd say it’s up ten feet or more. MM

359096456_SUaQx-XL.jpg

This is one of the racers, I got the lightning shot above while waiting for racers to pass.

359109570_qqzdD-XL.jpg
“I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
— Lord Byron

Comments

• Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    Great shots! Mind sharing your EXIF data?
  • teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    Not at all?
    Idlewild wrote:
    Great shots! Mind sharing your EXIF data?

Do you know a way I can copy it from my gallery? If not give me a little time and I will hunt it down and type it in. MM
    — Lord Byron
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    Pretty cool shots. Picture one is taken from a boat (?) facing westward & 2 from the side of the road facing east then?
    Neat use of flash in image 2 to grab a nice one.
    Michael
    edited August 26, 2008
    Thanks
    DaddyO wrote:
    Pretty cool shots. Picture one is taken from a boat (?) facing westward & 2 from the side of the road facing east then?
    Neat use of flash in image 2 to grab a nice one.

Yes one was facing west and the other east. Both where taken from the same spot, a jeep trail under one of the sets of power line “ Power Line Road” is built up but both sides of the road are swamp. Now the road its self is under water. Here is a day time image from the race. MM

354199112_4rA5s-XL.jpg
    — Lord Byron
    edited August 26, 2008
    — Lord Byron