Kelby Photowalk - Des Moines

Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
edited February 23, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
I usually am a portrait guy, so the photowalk was nice in that it took me out of my element. I thought these were my three most interesting shots.

357812650_jpzhQ-M.jpg

357818846_t9x72-M.jpg

357814455_6tTbZ-M.jpg

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    I like #2 with all the geometric shapes and reflections. Thanks for sharing.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    All 3 images are very nice captures. Well seen. thumb.gif I'm drawn to abstracts
    and the like, so I see 1&2 with +++ value. 3 is nicely composed and is an interesting
    photo. :D Michael
    Michael
  • darkdragondarkdragon Registered Users Posts: 1,051 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    I really like #2 also. It gives me a lot to look at and wonder about. thumb.gif
    ~ Lisa
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    Cool. I wouldn't have guessed that there are images like this to capture in Des Moines. :confused
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    These are cool ! nice abstracts thumb.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Shane422Shane422 Registered Users Posts: 460 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    Thanks.

It looks like #2 won for "Best Photo of the Day" from my group. #1 was a close 2nd in the voting.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    Shane422 wrote:
    Thanks.

It looks like #2 won for "Best Photo of the Day" from my group. #1 was a close 2nd in the voting.

Congrats then. 2 nice pieces. :D
    Michael
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    Down the way a bit from the giant letter person near the new library is a giant glass business building with a large rainbow art piece hanging in it and a small coffeeshop.
    The first one's a bench. The second the strange window cluster and the third alludes me.
    Nice work on the light on the bench and the last one has a nice treatment. Looks warm [even though it really isn't, spring just keeps away]
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2009
    Shane422 wrote:
    I usually am a portrait guy, so the photowalk was nice in that it took me out of my element. I thought these were my three most interesting shots.

The first two catch my eye more so than the last.

What is it about lines and curves that your eye just wants to follow them ?

Well done Shane clap.gif .... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin