Shooting with the Canon 30D 50mm 1.4

JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
edited August 27, 2008 in People
I'm just copying what I wrote in my blog, if you all don't mind. lol

My friend Samantha, of The Roxy Studio’s, is letting me use her camera and her 50mm 1.4 lens for the wedding on Thursday. I’ve been wanting to buy this type of lens ever since I saw what my other friend, Jen Rinaldi of Jen Rinaldi Photography was achieving. All I can say is oh my goodness!!! This is going to have to be my next purchase. This lens is awesome!!! I’m also learning that I like the way the 30D handles and how it feels in my hand. I love my Nikon, don’t get me wrong, it’s my “baby” LOL. But I could see me buying a canon camera one day too. I like the controls and the dials in the back. Both Nikon and Canon feels really nice in my hands.

Here are the shots I took. Obviously, I need to practice a bit more. My oldest and I were up way too late last night goofing off taking funny pictures with the Canon. I was practicing the 3200 ISO setting. We got some hilarious shots of each other. I’m not sure if I’ll be showing the pics she took of me thought. HA!!

359175704_JjpgK-L-1.jpg

359174219_VmjPw-L-1.jpg

359174032_2UZzL-L-1.jpg

359173895_ASmDh-L-1.jpg

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    I'm just copying what I wrote in my blog, if you all don't mind. lol

My friend Samantha, of The Roxy Studio’s, is letting me use her camera and her 50mm 1.4 lens for the wedding on Thursday. I’ve been wanting to buy this type of lens ever since I saw what my other friend, Jen Rinaldi of Jen Rinaldi Photography was achieving. All I can say is oh my goodness!!! This is going to have to be my next purchase. This lens is awesome!!! I’m also learning that I like the way the 30D handles and how it feels in my hand. I love my Nikon, don’t get me wrong, it’s my “baby” Laughing.gif. But I could see me buying a canon camera one day too. I like the controls and the dials in the back. Both Nikon and Canon feels really nice in my hands.

Here are the shots I took. Obviously, I need to practice a bit more. My oldest and I were up way too late last night goofing off taking funny pictures with the Canon. I was practicing the 3200 ISO setting. We got some hilarious shots of each other. I’m not sure if I’ll be showing the pics she took of me thought. HA!!
    Just 3 thoughts:

1, Fun stuff! Love the shots of your daughter. She sure does have a wide range of facial expressions.

2. We almost have to converted to the light side :Dmwink.gif

3. I think it's only fair that if you are going to be posting pics of you daughter, you also need to post one or two of you as well. So, what do you say?
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    Just 3 thoughts:

1, Fun stuff! Love the shots of your daughter. She sure does have a wide range of facial expressions.

2. We almost have to converted to the light side :Dmwink.gif

3. I think it's only fair that if you are going to be posting pics of you daughter, you also need to post one or two of you as well. So, what do you say?

Laughing.gif!!!!! Not these particular shots............maybe one of the more tamer ones. HAHAHA!!!

Seriously, I think I probably could go to the Canon side. I really like the back of this camera. Seems so much easier. Only thing I don't like is where the on/off switch is at. Too easy for it to get switched in the off position.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    Seriously, I think I probably could go to the Canon side. I really like the back of this camera. Seems so much easier. Only thing I don't like is where the on/off switch is at. Too easy for it to get switched in the off position.
    Could be, but I've not had that problem. I've never had the camera (either 20D or 30D) accidentially get switched off and the switch on these cameras is much the same as that of the 40D.

What I have had happen is that I forget to turn the camera off - good thing there's the auto-power off option otherwise I would be forever re-charging my batteries.:D
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    I really like the first two! Very fun.
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    She really has some big eyes, doesn't she! (And I love the colors in them!)
    #2 is fun with the light behind her.

And I agree with Scott- Show us your pictures! (If I had silly pictures of me, I wouldn't share, but YOU SHOULD!)
  • GrlyGrly Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    Great shots! I love her eyes as well, they really pop!
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    I am liking the first two. As for the borrowed Canon....welcome to the dark side!eek7.gif
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    She really has some big eyes, doesn't she! (And I love the colors in them!)
    #2 is fun with the light behind her.

And I agree with Scott- Show us your pictures! (If I had silly pictures of me, I wouldn't share, but YOU SHOULD!)

She does have big eyes and her eye color is the same as her daddy's. They remind me of sunflowers around her pupils.
    edited August 27, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I am liking the first two. As for the borrowed Canon....welcome to the dark side!eek7.gif

I've been hearing that a lot since I've borrowed this camera. Laughing.gif My husband keeps reminding me that I'm only borrowing this camera and not to get too attached. Laughing.gif
  • ccaseyccasey Registered Users Posts: 4 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    Too easy for it to get switched in the off position.
    It happened to me with my 40D during an event shoot back in July, though in my case it switched from the "On With Dial" position to just the "On" position. As it was my first event, it was a bit nerve-wracking, and it took me a few minutes to figure out why I couldn't change some settings. I think in the future I might cover the switch with some electrical tape to keep it in position.

-Chris