Options

One Pic, Multiple Categories

ckyookckyook Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited April 27, 2005 in SmugMug Support
Hi, I'm new and have a quick question about categories. Is it possible to link a single picture under multiple categories? For example:

Events (category)
..Spring Fair (sub Category)
...Daughter Dancing (pic)

Portraits (category)
..Daughter (sub category)

So in this case, I would like the "Daughter Dancing" pic to be cross-referenced across two different categories. The only other option I can think of is to load the pic twice in each category--but that seems inefficient.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I search the forum but couldn't find an answer. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Options
    winnjewettwinnjewett Registered Users Posts: 329 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    ckyook wrote:
    Hi, I'm new and have a quick question about categories. Is it possible to link a single picture under multiple categories? For example:

Events (category)
    ..Spring Fair (sub Category)

Portraits (category)
    ..Daughter (sub category)

So in this case, I would like the "Daughter Dancing" pic to be cross-referenced across two different categories. The only other option I can think of is to load the pic twice in each category--but that seems inefficient.

Sorry if this question has been asked before, I search the forum but couldn't find an answer. Thanks in advance!
    This is not possible...but you can duplicate the image, and move it over to the other sub category very easily. Since space is unlimited, that won't be an issue. If you have tons of these to do, it might be labor-intensive; re-uploading to the new sub cat would be less work - more time, but less work.

-Winn
  • Options
    ckyookckyook Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited April 27, 2005
    winnjewett wrote:
    This is not possible...but you can duplicate the image, and move it over to the other sub category very easily. Since space is unlimited, that won't be an issue. If you have tons of these to do, it might be labor-intensive; re-uploading to the new sub cat would be less work - more time, but less work.

-Winn
    Thank you Winn. Since I'm just starting out, I guess I have to make sure I'm disciplined about duplicating as I start uploading--appreciate the tip.

Hopefully, they will allow this "tagging" of pictures across multiple categories in the future...it would be great!

chuck
  • Options
    Broke GuyBroke Guy Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    it would probably be a bit of a change to their database, but a good one :)