Campus Life-an update

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited August 31, 2008 in People
We had worried that it would take some time for Tina to adjust to campus life. We were, of course, wrong! She has completed her week of rush and was invited to join a sorority...and it was her top choice sorority.

Last night my wife and I drove down to the university for the swearing-in. It was my first time to see her since we moved her down there a few weeks ago. We didn't come away empty handed....as there was the matter of a basket full of dirty laundry to bring home, and a promise that she would drive home this weekend to pick her laundered clothing up.

Here is a snap shot of my wife and daughter at the reception.
Not my most impressive shot, but is another part of the story I began here a few weeks ago.
359444344_STWEY-M.jpg

Comments

• chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    What a beautiful family you have. Congratulations to your daughter!

And, oh yeah, nice photo!
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    Hey Jeff! I can clearly see that you have an over abundance of blondes in your family. And beautiful to boot! But I suppose there is nothing you can do, but suffer through it.:D

Seriously- what a nice picture. I bet this one goes in a scrapbook or on a wall or something. Lovely ladies, beautiful smiles and great photography. Life is rough.
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    Ahhh here she is!! All well eh? clap.gif
    Good shot, she seems to be happy!
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • Mr. 2H2OMr. 2H2O Registered Users Posts: 427 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    Jeff,
    I'm becoming convinced you are from another planet...you can take pretty much any room in any building and any outdoor condition and make beautiful skin tones...golly-wolly...beam me up!

- Mike
    Olympus E-30
    IR Modified Sony F717
    http://2H2OPhoto.smugmug.com
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    Nice! thumb.gif
    BTW, the new season of "Greek" started today, in case you're into all this sorority thingie:-)mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    Is this your wife's first year of college?

Tell your wife they look like twins in this picture. thumb.gif

Congrats!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    evoryware wrote:
    Is this your wife's first year of college?

Tell your wife they look like twins in this picture. thumb.gif

Congrats!
    Well, I don't think I would go that far, but it's obvious to me where you daughters get their good looks. As I've said before, Jeff, you are certainly blessed.

Oh, and just to keep the mods of my back :D I have to agree with Mike - it does seem as if you can take any setting and turn out very very good skin tones.

This is one image I think will be kept for some time to come - there's a closeness between mother and daughter that one just doesn't see very often.
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    Hey Jeff! I can clearly see that you have an over abundance of blondes in your family. And beautiful to boot! But I suppose there is nothing you can do, but suffer through it.:D

Seriously- what a nice picture. I bet this one goes in a scrapbook or on a wall or something. Lovely ladies, beautiful smiles and great photography. Life is rough.

Heh Heh....we each bear the weight of humanity....

rolleyes1.gif
    edited August 27, 2008
    Mr. 2H2O wrote:
    Jeff,
    I'm becoming convinced you are from another planet...you can take pretty much any room in any building and any outdoor condition and make beautiful skin tones...golly-wolly...beam me up!

- Mike

Sheesh......very little thought here really....Auto WB....ISO400....ETTL bounced off the ceiling......in manual. Simple processing in LR.

Before "JKMann Photography" there was..."my dad who takes picyures like a madman"....my seriousness about photography wasn't so I could photograph weddings or portrait sessions for others, but rather to improve on snapshots like this of my own family. The rest is just bonus.
    edited August 27, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Nice! thumb.gif
    BTW, the new season of "Greek" started today, in case you're into all this sorority thingie:-)mwink.gif

No....none for me....the candles and all the talking in unison freaked me out!rolleyes1.gif

I told the wife "I saw this movie and know how it ends....lets run!"

My daughter is quite excited about the whole thing though....so we are required to be also.
  • super starsuper star Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    Hi,
    Beautiful shot and lovely color...clap.gifclap.gif
  • NaxNax Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 31, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    No....none for me....the candles and all the talking in unison freaked me out!rolleyes1.gif

I told the wife "I saw this movie and know how it ends....lets run!"

Very funny!

Great picture and grats to your daughter. My daughter will be heading that way in a few short years.

-Tom
  • DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    Nice photo Jeff. I'm glad school is going well for her.