Here's what I get when I click on the link:

082608.jpg

ne_nau.gif
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • Brooks PBrooks P Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    It was ther this morning for several hours that I know about, so apparently CC thought it best to remove the page until the official announcement tomorrow. The text of the page was copied and can be viewed here, http://nikonrumors.com/2008/08/26/detailed-nikon-d90-specs.aspx
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    That's my luck ... I just ordered my D80, it's gonna be delivered tomorrow, and already it's obsolete ... :bash :cry ...
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

• DaCDaC Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    That's my luck ... I just ordered my D80, it's gonna be delivered tomorrow, and already it's obsolete ... :bash :cry ...

There is a difference between cutting edge, state of the art and obsolete. Think of the D90 as cutting edge. State of the art has all the bugs worked out.

Got to go now my wine glass is half empty....
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2008
    OK ... so now I'll walk around with a half empty camera with all the bugs worked out ... headscratch.gif. I can get used to that, I guess.

I wonder what the price is gonna be? Probably couldn't afford it anyway.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

edited August 26, 2008
    OK ... so now I'll walk around with a half empty camera with all the bugs worked out ... headscratch.gif. I can get used to that, I guess.

I wonder what the price is gonna be? Probably couldn't afford it anyway.
    When the page was up, the price was $1299.99 with the 18-105mm VR lens.
    edited August 27, 2008
    Dpreview has a Phil's preview, http://www.dpreview.com/previews/nikond90/
  • TunaTuna Registered Users Posts: 44 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    Ritz Camera has a pre-order (already pre-ordered mine!) with free shipping and no sales tax. Figured somebody else may be interested. thumb.gif

Edit: Forgot the link. http://www.ritzcamera.com/product/541532941.htm?gclid=CPONgKmBr5UCFQQCagodUi4njw
  • DaCDaC Registered Users Posts: 59 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    I torn. D90 or 300
    I have been saving for a D300 and will be renting one this weekend so I can get the feel of the camera. I think it would be the better camera for taking pictures of HS sports and Autocross (my other hobby).

Now the D90 comes along. At an autocross I would be able to take a video of the runs. Each run is generally two minutes and some seconds change. The video would be a great tool to see the errors in the approach for each gate during the runs. The crew team would love to see the video as it helps them see who is late/early and the like. I do not know how easy it would be to keep everyone in focus - guess I'd use a high f stop.

I am currently using a d70 & 70s. With the d300 I am a little worried about the lack of preset modes and auto button. I do not know why, most of the time I shoot in P, A or S and use M more than the preset modes but I do use auto and the presets as a crutch from time to time.
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    Calumet Photo Pre-Order for $999.99
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac