they just got engaged

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited April 21, 2004 in Weddings
....in nyc's grand central terminal. you never know what you'll find here!

black and white

3438809-M.jpg

and color

3438810-M.jpg

everbody applauded afterwards. it was quite nice. :lust :lust :lust :lust

enjoy (candid) photography :andy

Comments

• SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2004
    Aw..! Brings a wee tear to my eye.
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2004
    Great! I like the color much better in this case.
    If not now, when?
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2004
    Funny, I like the Black and white. It looks like a shot from the 30s or 40s
  • SandySandy Registered Users Posts: 762 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2004
    I thought the B & W was an old photo too....I love, love.
    GREAPER wrote:
    Funny, I like the Black and white. It looks like a shot from the 30s or 40s
  • cletuscletus Registered Users Posts: 1,930 Major grins
    edited April 12, 2004
    Sandy wrote:
    I thought the B & W was an old photo too....I love, love.
    Yep, B&W for me too.
  • fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2004
    I like the B&W too...
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2004
    fish wrote:
    I like the B&W too...
    Gee, I'm in the minority, big time. Might as way say why I like the color. I like the bieges, the suit, the floor. It's not actually that colorful, but what there is has a softness that I like. Those of us who know Grand Central recognize those colors and it's nice that they are mirrored in the suit. It looks a little like an old fadded photo. I think it's softer and sweeter than the B+W.

De gustibus non disputem est, as everyone likes to say.
    If not now, when?
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2004
    Shanghainese Wedding
    Saw them last Saturday. The guy is really handsome!

3390456-L.jpg

3390456-L.jpg
  • SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2004
    rutt wrote:
    Gee, I'm in the minority, big time. Might as way say why I like the color. I like the bieges, the suit, the floor. It's not actually that colorful, but what there is has a softness that I like. Those of us who know Grand Central recognize those colors and it's nice that they are mirrored in the suit. It looks a little like an old fadded photo. I think it's softer and sweeter than the B+W.

De gustibus non disputem est, as everyone likes to say.
    Actually, I much prefer the color, too. Why? Well, you like the beige tones, but what I like is how they let the skin and roses warm the whole scene. Because of those colors, the little splashes of their skin, and especially those roses just POPS. It also centralizes and causes the eye (and the real focus) to be entirely on them, as though just those two have added life and animation to the entire scene. This effect is entirely removed when the color is removed.

On re-examination I also just realized that there's that arched ceiling in the background, over their heads. It frames them in a way, they are lit up inside that area, whereas it also disappears completely when the color's taken away.
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • TJAmyTJAmy Registered Users Posts: 36 Big grins
    edited April 16, 2004
    Both are awesome. Feels like two different worlds to me. But if I had to pick one, if someone was twisting my arm, if I had a gun to my head, or if someone really cared how I felt.... I would have to go with black and white. I really like the blurred people in the back and the 1920 something feel about it too.bowdown.gif Andy can do no wrong in my eyes!
  • gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2004
    I like the coloured one also....great timing there andy !
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 19, 2004
    B&W for me. It totally focuses your attention on the kissing couple - they're the highlight, everything else is background. Plus, it has an old fashioned, romantic feel to it.

In the color shot the couple doesn't stand out, they're sort of lost in the sea of beige. And for some reason, the background's busier and more distracting.

Easy choice for me, no disputandumionium.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2004
    thanks everyone! ..
    i'm actually liking both shots. if they were my client, i'd offer both to them.

thanks guys :andy