What could I have done better, any critics?

robandjazzyrobandjazzy Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
edited August 28, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
I meant any critiques? Advice, I only had a 18-135 on this trip, but was able to get this shot fully open at 135, and as close as I could get where the lense would still focus. Any filters anyone would suggest?

359784713_ByWmz-L.jpg

Comments

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    Nice colors i think you focused on the petal i would have focused the Bee, loved the background blur !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    Very nice. But I would consider cropping the right side to get rid of the distracting orange blur. It will also put your subject off-center, which often results in a more pleasing composition.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    Very nice. But I would consider cropping the right side to get rid of the distracting orange blur. It will also put your subject off-center, which often results in a more pleasing composition.

+1
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • robandjazzyrobandjazzy Registered Users Posts: 22 Big grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    This has a clearer focus on the bee, and no distracting red outside in the peripheral
    359782656_Fd92J-L.jpg
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 27, 2008
    Good shot. I would darken the background, especially the other red flowers. That would draw the eye to the subject of the capture. Also, you need to crop it a bit so the flower/bee is not in the center. This has a lot of potential. Nice capture!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    Just moving this to Other Cool Shots 'cuz it's flowers :D