Options

My Day at the Cemetary

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited April 28, 2005 in Landscapes
After seeing 'gus's 10-22 shots, I decided to put it on the camera and go shoot something. The cemetary is an old one. Many graves are from the mid-eighteen-hundreds or earlier. And I was fortunate enough to have a cloudy day for mood.

20594416-L.jpg

In Black and White.

20594417-L.jpg

Trying for a bleak, cold, and empty feeling.

20594414-L.jpg

One of the graves.

20594419-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    gpgoldgpgold Registered Users Posts: 469 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    Khaos wrote:
    After seeing 'gus's 10-22 shots, I decided to put it on the camera and go shoot something. The cemetary is an old one. Many graves are from the mid-eighteen-hundreds or earlier. And I was fortunate enough to have a cloudy day for mood.
    A very nice, moody series. The grave marker really tells the story of impermanence. The sky in the first is very evocative.

regards,

Gary
  • Options
    bkrietebkriete Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    I like the first the best...interesting how it has a kind of claustrophobic atmosphere, I would think a wide lens would give the opposite impression.
  • Options
    samandsophiesamandsophie Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2005
  • Options
    jsmasonjsmason Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    Khaos...
    Khaos wrote:
    I like all of the shots, but I am partial to the black and white. I have a number of cemetary photos and have done some black and white also. Here is one my favorites from an old cemetary in my town.

18279677-L.jpg

- Stan
  • Options
    gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    thumb.gif Good fun lens
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2005
    gpgold wrote:
    A very nice, moody series. The grave marker really tells the story of impermanence. The sky in the first is very evocative.

regards,

Gary
    Thanks Gary.
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2005
    bkriete wrote:
    I like the first the best...interesting how it has a kind of claustrophobic atmosphere, I would think a wide lens would give the opposite impression.
    Thank you. That's the great thing about this lens. You can give a feeling of wide open, or put so much into the shot it gets right in your face.
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2005
    Wow, that first one is amazing.

Thank you.
  • Options
    edited April 27, 2005
    jsmason wrote:
    I like all of the shots, but I am partial to the black and white. I have a number of cemetary photos and have done some black and white also. Here is one my favorites from an old cemetary in my town.

- Stan
    Thanks Stan. I like the capture you have there. Nice angle and light. I'm back and forth between the color and the B&W though. One look it's one, another look, the other, it's driving me nuts.:D
  • Options
    lr1811lr1811 Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    1st shot
    that 1st shot does it for me, awesome job!!!
  • Options
    edited April 28, 2005
    lr1811 wrote:
    that 1st shot does it for me, awesome job!!!
    Thank you.