Options

Bee

KhaosKhaos Registered Users Posts: 2,435 Major grins
edited April 26, 2005 in Holy Macro
It was on a window with the sun shining directly in on it, so it isn't what you would call sharp. Something about the contrast though makes me like it. Comments please.

20594410-L.jpg

It almost looks like he's flying here, but he's not.

20594412-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    windozewindoze Registered Users Posts: 2,830 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    wasps / bees / drasgonflies - they all frighten me..... i like your image, im just glad it was you taking it and not me!!!!

troy
    Khaos wrote:
    It was on a window with the sun shining directly in on it, so it isn't what you would call sharp. Something about the contrast though makes me like it. Comments please.

• Options
    MuskyDudeMuskyDude Registered Users Posts: 1,508 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    Cool shots K. thumb.gif The second one looks like it's jumping for joy, or something.

AJ
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    I can see why you like it's :cool
    looks suspended thumb.gif
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited April 26, 2005
    It's a Wasp
    Khaos wrote:

Wasps have the best faces, they have great jaws, but if you annoy them they are capable of stinging you repeatedly without dying, and trust me they dang well HURT! I got stung by one about 20 times in a row because it was caught in my clothing, if you find you can get closer, check out the head, and those EYES......... I discovered some in a tree out the front, not sure its a good thing that I found them, because I suspect they have a nest in there.

I know how hard it is to get good insect shots, light can be your friend and a right pain in the Butt at times......... I have more failures when shooting insects than I do successful ones....... Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin