Options

Roadscape

Stunt ClownStunt Clown Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
edited April 13, 2004 in Landscapes
1st post in a while. GOt the GS out a bit this weekend and road one of my favorite roads. About 30 miles that look like this.

3396589-M.jpg
-Pete-

A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.
Of course, so does falling down a flight of stairs.

Comments

• Options
    fishfish Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2004
    sweet.
    "Consulting the rules of composition before taking a photograph, is like consulting the laws of gravity before going for a walk." - Edward Weston
    "The Edge... there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over."-Hunter S.Thompson
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 13, 2004
    1st post in a while. GOt the GS out a bit this weekend and road one of my favorite roads. About 30 miles that look like this.
    Is that Ohio? That truck snapping sign is way cooler than the truck tipping signs on the on/off ramps around here!
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited April 13, 2004
    Yessir. Ohio. Made an overnight down from the Detroit area to Parkersburg,WV just to go ride this stretch of road. If anyone is interested, the 555 can be picked up just south of Zanesville.

They aren't kidding about the truck snapping sign. You can see gouges in the pavement on the hill crests where long vehicles have come through.

In Michigan we curve challenged so you really need to go out of your way to get something. Of course 80% of the back roads in West Virgina are great as well.
    -Pete-

• Options
    cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited April 13, 2004
    Of course 80% of the back roads in West Virgina are great as well.
    Driving the WV in a blizzard with 34 overturned tractor-trailers in a 17 mile stretch and potholes so big that I actually saw a car with its tail in the air and its entire engine compartment in a pot hole. Arriving at the GFs house to find her things thrown out of the house and her brothers in a skirmish line across the lawn while her Dad hid in the basement, 'cause if he saw me he had to shoot me didn't help. The drive back through the blizzard was not wonderful either.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited April 13, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Driving the WV in a blizzard with 34 overturned tractor-trailers in a 17 mile stretch and potholes so big that I actually saw a car with its tail in the air and its entire engine compartment in a pot hole. Arriving at the GFs house to find her things thrown out of the house and her brothers in a skirmish line across the lawn while her Dad hid in the basement, 'cause if he saw me he had to shoot me didn't help. The drive back through the blizzard was not wonderful either.
    Sounds more like the romances we used to hear about in eastern Kaintuck or TennseeWicked.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    edited April 13, 2004

In Michigan we curve challenged so you really need to go out of your way to get something.
    You can say that again! Thats one of the main reasons I only lasted a year in Livonia before I quit my posh job with Ford Motor Co. so that I could live back in New England.
    Erik

• Options
    edited April 13, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    You can say that again! Thats one of the main reasons I only lasted a year in Livonia before I quit my posh job with Ford Motor Co. so that I could live back in New England.
    Really? That is where I am sitting right now. FoMoCo in Livonia.
    When and What did you work on?
    -Pete-

• Options
    edited April 13, 2004
    Really? That is where I am sitting right now. FoMoCo in Livonia.
    When and What did you work on?
    2000-2001. I was in the FCG program - vehicle engineering. Got into vehicle dynamics, most of my time on the 03 Lincoln LS just before it went to launch.

Here's us at another very cool "roadscape". Recognize it?

2255236-M.jpg

How bout now?

2255217-M.jpg
    Erik

• Options
    edited April 13, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    2000-2001. I was in the FCG program - vehicle engineering. Got into vehicle dynamics, most of my time on the 03 Lincoln LS just before it went to launch.

Here's us at another very cool "roadscape". Recognize it?

How bout now?

When I saw the first one it looked more the Cherohola Skyway than the Dragon. Guess I rode through there when evrything was still green. When I got to the Dragon we were the only ones on it , literally. Seems like most people don't want to ride it in a downpour. Needless to say, I must go back.

What were doing in Livonia if you were in VE? Only us transmission freaks and couple of (anti) service guys down the street.
    -Pete-