Shots From A Road Trip

AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
edited August 28, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
The pictures were shot in North Carolina while I was visiting my family.

1. I looked for the owner, but could not find him.

359947331_NJzGp-L.jpg

2. Taken at the bottom of the Hiwassee Dam in NC.

359945456_EsVGM-L.jpg

359942345_mRPnT-L.jpg

4. All the large stones had the same family name. The small ones had no name at all. The site was just for the family.

359944527_b27f2-L.jpg

THANKS FOR LOOKING C&C ALWAYS WELCOME

Comments

• Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    Good morning Azzaro. I like the lighting in #1. I can't figure out whether the dam has an arch shaped opening around the spill pipe, or whether the shadows are causing it to appear so. I also love to discover old graveyards in my wanderings and have come across several family burial grounds along the old farm roads hereabouts. Thanks for sharing

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    Jack'll do wrote:
    Good morning Azzaro. I like the lighting in #1. I can't figure out whether the dam has an arch shaped opening around the spill pipe, or whether the shadows are causing it to appear so. I also love to discover old graveyards in my wanderings and have come across several family burial grounds along the old farm roads hereabouts. Thanks for sharing

And good morning to you......I don't remember if there was and arch around the spill pipe or not..... THANKS FOR LOOKING AND COMMENTING.....azzaro
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,323 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    Hey Azzaro,

I like the grave marker shot. Just like this one, I think every knoll in NC has a cemetery on it....or a church/cemetery combo.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    Hey Azzaro,

I like the grave marker shot. Just like this one, I think every knoll in NC has a cemetery on it....or a church/cemetery combo.

Tom[/quote

Hi Tom, thanks for commenting. The cemetery was a little bigger than I showed....I was surprised at the number of small markers that did not have names on it. Died at birth?????