Options

Creating New "pages"

ericmweaverericmweaver Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
edited August 29, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I've tried to locate some info on creating a "contact" page but have come up empty handed. If someone could point me in a direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 28, 2008
    I've tried to locate some info on creating a "contact" page but have come up empty handed. If someone could point me in a direction it would be greatly appreciated.

Hi :)

The easiest way is to follow our instructions for creating a Guestbook here, No. 30:

http://www.smugmug.com/help/customize-faq
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2008
    Thank you. I will continue my learning curve and build my contact page via the "message board".

PS... I REALLY what I've seen of SmugMug
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2008
    Well, i've got the guestbook/message page up and now i'm having difficulting removing/editing elements on the page. I'm afraid that if i start tinkering (without knowing what i'm doing) with stuff I'll screw my SMug up.

-off topic... it's too bad that the threads aren't organized properly. If they were, i'm sure i could find the answer on my own.
  • Options
    BarbBarb Administrators Posts: 3,352 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 29, 2008
    Well, i've got the guestbook/message page up and now i'm having difficulting removing/editing elements on the page. I'm afraid that if i start tinkering (without knowing what i'm doing) with stuff I'll screw my SMug up.

-off topic... it's too bad that the threads aren't organized properly. If they were, i'm sure i could find the answer on my own.

Hi,

Can we get a link to your site? That will really help :)

I'm guessing you want to remove the breadcrumb and the page navigation for starters. Add the following to your CSS:

.gallery_XXXXXX #breadcrumb {display: none;}
    .gallery_XXXXXX .pageNav {display: none;}

Replace the X's with the actual gallery ID.
    Barb
    Smug since 2006
    SmugMug Help
    PhotoscapeDesign
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2008
    Here's the addy: wephoto.smugmug.com. I'm slowly tweaking it the way I like. The home page is 80% there - i need to add some logo's/links to groups i belong (ppa, etc) and will get there eventually. Ideally, on the "guestbook" i would like to move the one picture someplace else and add a way to email me there too.

I have my website live and will cName (I've already contacted the provider) it to wephoto.smugmug once the SMug is the way i like it.

Thanks for all your help.