Different manufacturers service

NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
edited August 28, 2008 in Cameras
Since I do have kind of an open window on which system might choose for this next purchase, one thing I'm wondering is how the service is? Currently my Nikon shop is down the road, I know the owner and he just takes care of anything I need. But in the near future I might be moving, so this next system might require and directly dealing with the company and their service centers.

So what have been your experiences when you had to send in your camera for service?

Comments

• dangindangin Registered Users Posts: 458 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    i shoot Nikon as well and have used Authorized Photo Service in Morton Grove, IL to service my Nikon flashes. They've got quick turn around times and are only about an hour away from me. (knock on wood) I haven't needed any of my recent camera bodies or lenses serviced. Once, I did send my D70s and a lens back to Nikon; that took about 3 weeks to turnaround.

I know plenty of Canon shooters that have sent their equipment in for servicing (go figure, it must be the brand mwink.gif j/k) and report typical ~2 week turnaround times for the issues they've had.
    - Dan

- my photography: www.dangin.com
    - my blog: www.dangin.com/blog
    - follow me on twitter: @danginphoto
  • swintonphotoswintonphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,664 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    I bought a used Olympus DSLR online once and realized a few weeks after purchasing it that the sensor had a defect. I tried to reason with the seller but didn't get anywhere. So, Olympus put a new sensor in the body. From the time I dropped it in the mail to the time it was repaired with a new sensor at my door was around 10 days.