Communication - #7

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited August 29, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
I have a Border Collie and thought about using her as the subject for this challenge. This was a quick shot I took of her this evening to try to see if this idea is worth pursing. The eye contact and stalking movement is very typical of the way this breed herds. It's not possible for me to get sheep in the picture with her -- we don't own any! What she's doing is stalking a frisbee. :rofl

C&C appreciated!

Eyes that Move Sheep

360929179_V3CY2-XL.jpg

Comments

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    Hi Linda,

This is a very nice shot and an excellent BW conversion! I think it would be much stronger if you could find something for her to herd... although it is a very compelling shot the way it is... must be the intense eyes... My Grandpa had a border collie, he used to try and herd heavy equipment like backhoes, tractors, and other Farm type equipment... He was a very crazy dog...:D

Winston
  • OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    I really like the shot just as it is. It captures one of the things that is the essence of the breed. But then again I'm a big dog lover iloveyou.gif so I am easily swayed.

Great shot. I don't know if many people will get the communication link.
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.
  • agilepawzagilepawz Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 28, 2008
    The Eyes Have It
    I have border collies too, and the eyes do definitely communicate. I have a similar shot of my older girl from a long time ago, and it's always been one of my favorites.

Michele
  • GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2008
    It's a gorgeous shot Linda. I don't know if it really strongly conveys communication very clearly though. As the dog's owner I'm sure you understand it exactly, but it could be just a frontal shot. I reckon you could get a great shot with this idea, if not with this shot already. Good luck!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2008
    Linda,
    great shot, nice conversion thumb.gif - weak theme (title only) ne_nau.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2008
    Hi Linda,

This is a very nice shot and an excellent BW conversion! I think it would be much stronger if you could find something for her to herd... although it is a very compelling shot the way it is... must be the intense eyes... My Grandpa had a border collie, he used to try and herd heavy equipment like backhoes, tractors, and other Farm type equipment... He was a very crazy dog...:D

Winston

Thanks, Winston! thumb.gif
    edited August 29, 2008
    OhEddie wrote:
    I really like the shot just as it is. It captures one of the things that is the essence of the breed. But then again I'm a big dog lover iloveyou.gif so I am easily swayed.

Great shot. I don't know if many people will get the communication link.

Thanks, Eddie! I've also been wondering if non-dog people will get the link. May need to try a different approach. headscratch.gif
    edited August 29, 2008
    agilepawz wrote:
    I have border collies too, and the eyes do definitely communicate. I have a similar shot of my older girl from a long time ago, and it's always been one of my favorites.

Michele

Thanks, Michele. thumb.gif What a crazy breed, eh? But smart!
    edited August 29, 2008
    Giphsub wrote:
    It's a gorgeous shot Linda. I don't know if it really strongly conveys communication very clearly though. As the dog's owner I'm sure you understand it exactly, but it could be just a frontal shot. I reckon you could get a great shot with this idea, if not with this shot already. Good luck!
    Thanks, Mike! thumb.gif
    edited August 29, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Linda,
    great shot, nice conversion thumb.gif - weak theme (title only) ne_nau.gif

Thanks, Nikolai! thumb.gif Appears I need to play around a bit more. mwink.gif