Options

Who is ranking my photos?

jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
edited August 29, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Is there any way to see who is ranking my photos? I've got some photos showing up in the "popular photos" at the bottom of my smugmug account and I'm not ranking my own photos so someone must be doing it.

Is there a way to find out who?

Also - what about if I want people to rank my photos - what's the best way to people to start ranking my photos? just post the best one(s) in dgrin?

Thanks for all help!
Jase

Comments

• Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    edited August 29, 2008
    jasonstone wrote:
    Is there any way to see who is ranking my photos? I've got some photos showing up in the "popular photos" at the bottom of my smugmug account and I'm not ranking my own photos so someone must be doing it.

Is there a way to find out who?

Also - what about if I want people to rank my photos - what's the best way to people to start ranking my photos? just post the best one(s) in dgrin?

Thanks for all help!
    Jase

There isn't a way to find out unless they leave a comment.

If you want them to be ranked, you need to entice people to visit your galleries on your site rather than just seeing them embedded elsewhere. Then they can vote using the thumbs and leave comments.

Does that make help?
    SmugMug Product Manager
  • Options
    jasonstonejasonstone Registered Users Posts: 735 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2008
    Sheaf wrote:
    There isn't a way to find out unless they leave a comment.

If you want them to be ranked, you need to entice people to visit your galleries on your site rather than just seeing them embedded elsewhere. Then they can vote using the thumbs and leave comments.

Does that make help?

Thanks Sheaf - that answers it - I don't want to do any self promotion or anything but it's kind of tempting to get into the top 1000 or something of smugmug photos mwink.gif