D2X modes for D300???

GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
edited August 31, 2008 in Cameras
Have any of you with D300s uploaded these? I have been using the standard settings and am happy with them, but are the D2X modes better for colour? Any comments appreciated.

Comments

• BrascoleBrascole Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Giphsub wrote:
    Have any of you with D300s uploaded these? I have been using the standard settings and am happy with them, but are the D2X modes better for colour? Any comments appreciated.

You will notice the different look each of the picture controls, D2XMODE1, 2, 3, Portrait and Landscape offer at their default setting. Then like the standard controls you can make adjustments to sharpening, contrast, brightness, saturation and hue.

If you have Capture NX1 or 2 first download into the program and you will see what is produced. I have them loaded in my D300.
  • GiphsubGiphsub Registered Users Posts: 2,662 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    OK, but is it a significant and/or better difference? Cheers for your answer.
  • BrascoleBrascole Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    Giphsub wrote:
    OK, but is it a significant and/or better difference? Cheers for your answer.

Yes, you will notice differences straight away. Download to Capture NX and you can see the results if you had used any of the add-ons. You can always delete them from your camera if you do install. I have a fondness for the D2XMODE2. I'm going to delete portrait because I prefer vivid for portrait, I love a saturated face. The camera can handle thousands of settings via the banks and custom settings. I make go use of "managing picture controls" for specific situations I will be shooting in.