Thursday Night Football

streegshooterstreegshooter Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
edited September 1, 2008 in Sports
Hello everyone. Thought I would share a few pictures from last nights game that I shot. c/c welcome :thumb

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg

4.jpg

I did NOT have a flash for my night time shots and its a poorly lit stadium.
5.jpg

6.jpg

Thanks for looking! Let me know what you think. Have a nice Labor Day weekend everyone

Comments

• johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2008
    some nice shots here. But all are a bit underexposed. You want to be able to see faces. Uniform highlights are irrelevant. Faces make shots interesting. That, and the timing of the first shot - it's a bit early and there's a bit too much distance between the runner and defender.Otherwise they look pretty good. The second shot is the strongest IMO. The catch is great timing but the underexposure really hurts this shot.
  • rockcanyonphotosrockcanyonphotos Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    I agree with John's comments about underexposure. However, I also feel your pain of trying to get decent shots out of a HS stadium at night. If you are not doing so, have you considered shooting in RAW? I find that it allows me to bring some shots back that I have to underexpose to get the necessary shutter-speed.

Final thought.... have you given any consideration to shooting a game in Portrait vs Landscape? it really makes you focus on one player at a time and can provide some great facial shots.

kevin
    www.rockcanyonphotos.com

Canon 1DM4, 300mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8, 200mm 1.8, 24-70mm 2.8, 85mm 1.8