Testing

evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
edited August 30, 2008 in People
I'm stuck on PSE4 and lacking a lot of fonts, but have been playing around anyway with to see what I can do. Seeking C & C on this.

361430823_stNPs-L.jpg
Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com

Comments

• NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    There's a lot of classy work in it, I think. clap.gif

Beautiful exposure, DOF, color, skin, detail.

I very much like the angle/POV, though I would have liked her left hand to not be cropped. I would like to see the other hand holding back her hair from the side front, rather than creating a kind of hole in her hair from underneath.

Her overall pose is attractive, but her position makes her butt and thigh look too heavy, I think. Maybe if her torso was propped slightly higher, her left shoulder would mask some of that area, making it look slimmer and keeping it from stopping the movement of the viewer's eye down the length of her body.

I am not too keen on the positioning of the legs. If the torso were higher the ankles could be crossed and both feet raised about half the height of the present right leg. This, to my imagination, would have less of a sprawling look.

A slightly higher position of her torso would also give us more of her face, which I think would be an improvement. The breasts are un-embarrassingly sexy! The necklaces enhance them.

JM2C! Hope that's acceptable? Maybe you only wanted comments on the frame? THAT I think is very successful. Altogether as delicious as a cappuccino!

Neil
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Cool card design! I've been trying to figure out what draws me away from the photo (just a little bit though). It's a nice shot all around.....I think it's the foot in the air, half cut off.....maybe it's just me.....She should certainly love it. :D
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Cool card design! I've been trying to figure out what draws me away from the photo (just a little bit though). It's a nice shot all around.....I think it's the foot in the air, half cut off.....maybe it's just me.....She should certainly love it. :D
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Nice work otherwise! thumb.gif
    You may consider her left hand coming "out" of the frame next time (like here)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • evorywareevoryware Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    NeilL wrote:
    There's a lot of classy work in it, I think. clap.gif

Beautiful exposure, DOF, color, skin, detail.

I very much like the angle/POV, though I would have liked her left hand to not be cropped. I would like to see the other hand holding back her hair from the side front, rather than creating a kind of hole in her hair from underneath.

Her overall pose is attractive, but her position makes her butt and thigh look too heavy, I think. Maybe if her torso was propped slightly higher, her left shoulder would mask some of that area, making it look slimmer and keeping it from stopping the movement of the viewer's eye down the length of her body.

I am not too keen on the positioning of the legs. If the torso were higher the ankles could be crossed and both feet raised about half the height of the present right leg. This, to my imagination, would have less of a sprawling look.

A slightly higher position of her torso would also give us more of her face, which I think would be an improvement. The breasts are un-embarrassingly sexy! The necklaces enhance them.

JM2C! Hope that's acceptable? Maybe you only wanted comments on the frame? THAT I think is very successful. Altogether as delicious as a cappuccino!

Neil

Yes it's very nice critique on all points. :D I greatly appreciate it! I plan to shoot with her again and will consider all of these issues next time.

Swartzy wrote:

Thanks for the compliments!
    Yes that was a huge mistake on my part. I was trying to limit the amount of wall in the shot, keep the rim/hair light from flaring into the camera and I blew it by cropping the shoe. I'm gonna play around with the crop too and see if there is a better possible crop to make... Have to pay attention to every detail. She did like it and already asked to buy prints.
    Nikolai wrote:
    15524779-Ti.gif
    Nice work otherwise! thumb.gif
    You may consider her left hand coming "out" of the frame next time (like here)

Thanks Nikolai! In the original her fingers are not clipped. I'll play around with it some and that is a great idea!
    Canon 40D : Canon 400D : Canon Elan 7NE : Canon 580EX : 2 x Canon 430EX : Canon 24-70 f2.8L : Canon 70-200mm f/2.8L USM : Canon 28-135mm f/3.5 IS : 18-55mm f/3.5 : 4GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2GB Sandisk Extreme III : 2 x 1GB Sandisk Ultra II : Sekonik L358

dak.smugmug.com