Sarah Palin

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited September 4, 2008 in People
All of Alaska woke up with excitement over the news of Sarah Palin's appointment to be running mate for the Republican party. I was just getting my kids ready for school when the phone rang when my mom called to tell us. And then the celebrations started. Every where I went yesterday everyone was buzzing about it, so I thought I would share with all of you how excited we all are and some photos I have of her. All of Alaska is very proud of her- I honestly don't know one person with a negative opinion of her. They say her approval rating up here is 80%, but I would say that within my circle it is much higher. Of course this is her home town, and many of us know her personally, so that helps. But truly she is an extrordinary woman.

Anyway, here are some pictures of her from last summer.
My skills have increased a bit since then, so don't laugh at the photos, OK!?

1. And yes she is quite pretty.
361887349_KBYaB-M.jpg

361888571_CrGTy-M.jpg

3. I bet this little girl is proud of her Tshirt now!
361887978_hviyw-M.jpg

5. And this is just a fun shot of her that I snapped during a ceremony.
For me it really speaks of who she is- strong and modest at the same time.
361886670_JFAfs-M.jpg

4. This is from this summer. She came to our annual "all the churches in the area get together and have church" service. And she is holding her little baby that was born in April. (And I have to point out that the lady next to her is my very good friend from Highschool and is Sarah's aid)
361891459_WX3WK-M.jpg

5. At the church service she was invited to the front with Sean Parnell (who is her LT Gov- and also is running for congress) and Sen. Lisa Murkowski. One of the local pastors prayed for her and it was pretty neat.
361889461_qKNwy-M.jpg

Anyway, all of us up here in the frozen north couldn't be more proud of her. And we hope they'll win!

Comments

• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Very fortuitous post. Thanks. thumb.gif
  • chuckinsocalchuckinsocal Registered Users Posts: 932 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Nice images and from what I've read you all have every reason to be proud of her. No one from my home town has ever been a VP nominee.
    Chuck Cannova
    www.socalimages.com

Artistically & Creatively Challenged
  • jbakerphotojbakerphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Way Cool Heather, I was sorta wondering what your opinion was going to be of her. Its good to know that she is well liked. I think she is a good pick. Thanks for sharing the nice pics.
    40D,Rebel XT,Tamron 17-50 2.8,Tamron 28-80 3.5-5.6, Canon 50 1.8, Sigma 70-200 2.8, Canon 580EX , Sunpack 383 w/ optical slave

www.jonbakerphotography.com
  • david_hdavid_h Registered Users Posts: 463 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    That's cool Heather. It is certainly going to make it an interesting election - it almost seems to me that the two candidates have somehow gotten each others VP choice.

Do you have one of those "Coldest State - Hottest Governor" stickers I keep reading about??? :D
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 30, 2008
    I share your excitement about her Heather! My lil one was all excited as she knew her when she came to the MCS to show support for the school back when she was just a mayor! She also was at the play at VPA for cheaper by the dozen and she remebered lil one....so lil one thinks she is hob knobbin with royalty!...Laughing.gif.wings.gif

This makes voting for McCain alot more palletable!thumb.gif But its hard to let go of such a super fine leader and lady.iloveyou.gif
  • ChatKatChatKat Registered Users Posts: 1,357 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Regarldess
    Regardless of anyone's politictal belief, these will be treasured and I am sure you will be honored to have them in your portfolio.

Way to go, Heather!
    Kathy Rappaport
    Flash Frozen Photography, Inc.
    http://flashfrozenphotography.com
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    She won me over with one speech.

PS
    Can you send me one of the bumper stickers..."Alaska- Coldest state...Hottest Governor?mwink.gif

Seriously....can ya?
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 30, 2008
    Some nice PJ work here, thanks for posting!

Really great use of depth in this photo:
    361891459_WX3WK-S.jpg
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Very cool, and I think those are nice photos.
  • theNOIZtheNOIZ Registered Users Posts: 272 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Thanks for Sharing!
    Nice photos.

Do you think there's any way I can just vote for her and leave the rest off the ballot? :D
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    She won me over with one speech.

PS
    Can you send me one of the bumper stickers..."Alaska- Coldest state...Hottest Governor?mwink.gif

Seriously....can ya?

Jeff, to be honest I don't know if I have ever seen one... ever. I have seen plenty of t shirts that say "hot governor" with a picture, but no bumperstickers. Maybe I am just focused on my driving? If I see one, I'll let you know... lol.

Edited to say: I just asked my husband (who commutes 60 miles to Anchorage and is in his car a lot) and he says he has never seen one either. So it is not just me.
    We have heard rumors of them, but never had them. Ah, the media.
    edited August 31, 2008
    theNOIZ wrote:
    Nice photos.

Do you think there's any way I can just vote for her and leave the rest off the ballot? :D

I agree! Palin for President! :D
    edited August 31, 2008
    And thanks to the rest of you for your nice comments!
    edited August 31, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    I share your excitement about her Heather! My lil one was all excited as she knew her when she came to the MCS to show support for the school back when she was just a mayor! She also was at the play at VPA for cheaper by the dozen and she remebered lil one....so lil one thinks she is hob knobbin with royalty!...Laughing.gif.wings.gif

This makes voting for McCain alot more palletable!thumb.gif But its hard to let go of such a super fine leader and lady.iloveyou.gif

Ha Ha, Joyce. That is fun. Tell her hi, and we'll have to get together soon!

BTW have YOU seen any bumper stickers like the ones everyone says we have?

We would sooo miss Sarah as a leader. I really appreciate her bite the budget in the butt approach to politics. Nice refreshing change.
    If both Parnell and Palin get elected to Washington, I have heard we get the Attorney General for a stand in? Is that right? Or do we do an emergency election? Strange times.
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    Well, I just think she is so awesome, I can't believe it. Don't get me started! I am just so darn excited about her being on the ticket. Finally! Someone to vote for! But if you wanna see some pictures I took of her, check out this thread : http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=104213

Seriously, she is such a great lady- you wouldn't believe all the great changes she has made in our state. My favorite story right now of her is how someone in the McCain's administration said that they warned her about how hard the media would hit her and she replied with a question: "Do you know the difference between a bulldog and a hockey mom? Lipstick!"
    I love it!
    And if you drive down the street anywhere in AK right now you see sign after sign saying "Go Sarah GO" and stuff like that. She has a lot of pleased people up here. One man I was talking to works up on the North Slope. When the announcement was made that Sarah was nominated, all the men were cheering and had tears and everything. Pretty amazing the reaction everyone has had up here. I would almost equate it to being as strong as 9/11.

Thanks Heather... I'm very excited about Sarah as well, I think it was a perfect choice for McCain's running mate... I'm watching the convention live on the internet because I don't have TV... I'm waiting to hear her speech... which I hope is soon because it is way past my bed time...

Winston
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited September 4, 2008
    Ha Ha, Joyce. That is fun. Tell her hi, and we'll have to get together soon!

BTW have YOU seen any bumper stickers like the ones everyone says we have?

We would sooo miss Sarah as a leader. I really appreciate her bite the budget in the butt approach to politics. Nice refreshing change.
    If both Parnell and Palin get elected to Washington, I have heard we get the Attorney General for a stand in? Is that right? Or do we do an emergency election? Strange times.

I just saw your latest post here. No I don't have a bumper sticker but I got an idea...I could make one up and you could provide the pic ...lets make some up and I bet we could make a lil cash so I can buy the macro lens I want!mwink.gif

I think this article here explains the process of what happens next...
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap_campaignplus/20080902/ap_ca/ap_yahoo_questions