The Horse Whisperer

VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
edited September 3, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
can't decide? I'm leaning towards #2 or #4... any help, comments, critique, should I keep shooting? pick some other communication idea? do you like the conversion? not like conversion? :dunno

361974494_S7tHF-L.jpg

361975248_gcD4o-XL.jpg

361976270_yrMxZ-L.jpg

361977018_5vDkY-L.jpg

Thanks!

Winston

Comments

• DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    2 & 4 work for me.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Great stuff, #3 please:-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    i like three.

im not sure about being so close to the ear though...???
    maybe just laying her head side by side with the horse will work great, just a opinion...
    Aaron Nelson
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    OK... Thanks guys for the props... Hmmmm 2, 4, or 3... I like 3 myself, but I think the ear blocking the nose looks a little weird... my wife didn't like 4 because she was looking at the camera, I like it because it looks like she is telling the horse a secret she doesn't want the photographer to hear... any way thanks for the comments...

Winston
  • BillyTomBillyTom Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    #2 is definitely the best....she's more into the horse there, fits the theme the best for me!! Great concept thumb.gif !!
    Bill James
    www.BillJamesPhotography.com
    Attempting to find beauty in the simple things!! :huh
    Nikon D80 - Nikkor 55-200 4-5.6 VR &
    Nikkor 18-70 3.5-4.5
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Number 3 for me!

:D
  • agilepawzagilepawz Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    One more for #3. Love it!

Michele
  • douglasdouglas Registered Users Posts: 696 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Nice series, my vote is for # 4
    Best regards,
    douglas
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    #4 gets my vote toothumb.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    I like 3 the best
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • tleetlee Registered Users Posts: 1,090 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008

T :D

www.studioTphotos.com

"Each day comes bearing its own gifts. Untie the ribbons."
    ----Ruth Ann Schubacker
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    I can't see what your number 3 in this thread was, but I like best the one you entered. The only things I think would make it better would be if her eyes were cast downward to the horse's eyes, exhibiting a stronger connection, and if the mouth were shaped more like there were something being whispered. It doesn't seem that way to me, but the direction of this image moves me more than the rest of the entries! And there are some really strong entries...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    HoofClix wrote:
    I can't see what your number 3 in this thread was, but I like best the one you entered. The only things I think would make it better would be if her eyes were cast downward to the horse's eyes, exhibiting a stronger connection, and if the mouth were shaped more like there were something being whispered. It doesn't seem that way to me, but the direction of this image moves me more than the rest of the entries! And there are some really strong entries...

The one entered was #3 with a few tweaks; I deleted the original from my SM site, so consequently it disappeared in this thread... Thanks for the props Mark... It was a difficult shoot, trying to get the horses ears to perk forward, ect... I actually got a few shots with my DD's eyes cast down but the angle was wrong and they looked like they were closed... Anyway will probably try this again before the contest closes... Always trying to get a stronger shot! I tried some shots with her riding, concentrating on the feet, leg pressure and position and the horse’s movements... but felt they were too weak... only a horse person would fully understand the communication connection... I love photographing my Daughter when she works with her horses...

Winston
  • HoofClixHoofClix Registered Users Posts: 1,156 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    Great entry anyway. For the ears, have an empty plastic bottle with some pebbles in it handy as a shaker. The horse will look straight at it ears and all...
    Mark
    www.HoofClix.com / Personal Facebook / Facebook Page
    and I do believe its true.. that there are roads left in both of our shoes..
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    HoofClix wrote:
    Great entry anyway. For the ears, have an empty plastic bottle with some pebbles in it handy as a shaker. The horse will look straight at it ears and all...

thats a great tip....i never thought of that....
    Aaron Nelson
  • eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    Hey Winston,
    I'm late to this thread but wanted to tell you your posted shot is awesome! Great capture and processing.
    Good luck,
    E