sunrise and a rainbow

greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
edited September 1, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
Took a ferryboat this morning from Seattle to Bainbridge Island with a goal of getting good sunrise photos, but what I didn’t expect was a rainbow over Bainbridge Island adding more color to the glow of sunrise...

361899824_iePVq-L.jpg
Andrew
initialphotography.smugmug.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange

Comments

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    This is pretty cool. I'll bet that it would look even better if you did some color correction on the image.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2008
    Yah, the wb was high, and I suppose I should not just look at the rainbow when pushing the saturation. :D

362103210_2Zz45-L.jpg
    Andrew

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera" - Dorothea Lange
  • SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    greenpea wrote:
    Took a ferryboat this morning from Seattle to Bainbridge Island with a goal of getting good sunrise photos, but what I didn’t expect was a rainbow over Bainbridge Island adding more color to the glow of sunrise...

Nice one Andrew.... they don't last long those rainbows.

There's just something magical about rainbows, lovely shot thumb.gif

... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • greenpeagreenpea Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    Nice one Andrew.... they don't last long those rainbows.

There's just something magical about rainbows, lovely shot thumb.gif

... Skippy :D

Thanks Skippy.

To add to the challenge of photographing this one, it was still pretty dark, I didn't have the fastest lens on, and I was on a moving (and shaking) boat. I did have the camera on a tripod, but since I was on a vibrating boat, I couldn't figure out if I should have the lenses VR turned on or off.
    Andrew

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    Nice...

I think the VR "normal" is for side to side shake. "active" handles side to side AND up to down (specifically for boats)

Rags
    Rags