I come bearing pictures...

NaxNax Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
edited August 31, 2008 in People
Hey Folks,

I'm the new guy here. Stumbled across your site this morning and really like the pictures, posts and articles. So, thought I'd jump in with both feet and share a few photos of mine.

Real quick, a bit of back ground, I've played with point and shoot cameras for years and enjoyed it. Last August, my brother-in-law let me snap a few shots with his Nikon D80.... I was sold. So I purchased one (with much teasing from my brother-in-law) and have been shooting for about a year with it (roughly 10K photos).

I'm having a blast! I'm learning new stuff everyday.

This summer, I took my family on a couple of road trips (even with the really blah weather we had this summer). So here's a few pictures.

1 - Portrait of my brother. (I had to string up a sheet as a backdrop... :rolleyes probably should've ironed it first)
brother.jpg

2 - This is a picture of my daughter. She thought it was weird I was laying down on the ground, but she liked the picture enough to make it her Myspace profile picture.

attitude.jpg

3 - I was playing around with silhouettes and after some persuasion got my daughter and her best friend to pose for me. I like the results.

bestfriends.jpg

4 - This is a picture of the BMX Stunt show at the Alaska State fair. The lighting inside the tent was pretty poor, but I like this picture over all.

bmxshow1.jpg

5 - This is one of my first exports from Lightroom 2. I really liked the effect by applying the Cold Tone preset.

bmxshow2.jpg

Nice site, hope to see more pictures from everyone :D

-Tom

Comments

• heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    Strange- I was at the fair this afternoon- in that very tent. Small world, eh.

Welcome fellow AKer.
  • NaxNax Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    edited August 31, 2008
    Strange- I was at the fair this afternoon- in that very tent. Small world, eh.

I was there a week ago, Aug 23rd.

Did you enjoy the show? Other than these couple pictures that I like, I actually didn't like the show itself. The Lumberjack show, even with it's 20 year old script, I still enjoyed (and got some awesome pictures).
    Welcome fellow AKer.

-Tom
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited August 31, 2008
    Hi Tom and welcome to Dgrin wave.gif Looking forward to seeing more of your work.