Festival of Speed

andymcqueenandymcqueen Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
edited September 1, 2008 in Sports
Thought I'd share a few shots from the Festival of Speed held at Goodwood House.

The event includes a series of hill climb events for classes ranging from historic grand prix cars and bikes right through to the modern day; also included is a rally stage.

Hope you enjoy them and thanks for viewing

Andy

333090039_W9FG2-L.jpg

333090172_UpaoS-L.jpg

333095829_kCPth-L.jpg

333719896_RmSrS-L.jpg

333095700_HpgGw-L.jpg

333090186_UCtzu-L.jpg

333720848_Yn7FV-L.jpg

334541209_ekasR-L.jpg

Comments

• SimonMWSimonMW Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    Nice photos. I liked no.3 although the exposure could do with bringing up I think.

You did well with the trackside photos. I didn't really get many keepers from the event because of the restricted positioning for non official photographers (all those hay bales and flag poles, as well as other peoples heads getting in the way). So you did really well to get those shots!
    My website
    My Smugmug gallery
    Pentax K10D
    Canon 60D
  • shoppixshoppix Registered Users Posts: 93 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    day at the races!
    nice stop action of the cars and bikes, with wheels blurred. Love to see those 'old' cars from the 60's - re: photo #6 ??Lotus??
    To bad you couldn't have gotten a photo of Phil Hil, who just died. I imagine he was tooo ill to attend.
    anyone important in that older open wheel racer?
  • andymcqueenandymcqueen Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited August 31, 2008
    Simon/Shoppix - thanks for the positive comments - I know hat you mean about obstructions - I think the only way to overcome this is find a couple of spot early - the only problem is you end up with a lot of "samey" shots.

Not sure about the exposure on No3 - it looks ok on my monitor, but one or two other people have mentioned this (maybe it's time to get my monitor calibrated).

Not sure about the car in No7 - I'll dig out my programme and check. Don't think so, regarding the open wheel car - just trying to give a flavour of the range of cars attending the event.

If you're interested, there are a few others in the Festival of Speed section of my Motorsports gallery on my website
  • nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    Not sure about the exposure on No3 - it looks ok on my monitor, but one or two other people have mentioned this (maybe it's time to get my monitor calibrated).

362833241_LHpfC-L.jpg
  • PeterLyonsPeterLyons Registered Users Posts: 158 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    nipprdog wrote:
    362833241_LHpfC-L.jpg

That is one seriously sexy Porsche...