Mt. Hood

Grumpy_oneGrumpy_one Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
edited September 1, 2008 in Landscapes
Let me know what you think is the best of the three. Thanks for looking

1362651897_BUnHR-L.jpg

2362622486_o3np5-L.jpg

3362647006_iwj4p-L.jpg
5D3, 7D, 50 1.4, 580EX, EFS 70-200L 2.8 IS MkI, 1.4x TC, 24-70 MKII, 85 1.8,(that's it ...for now)
http://www.happyvalleyphotography.com

Comments

• HarrymacHarrymac Registered Users Posts: 94 Big grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    nice trio of shots, number 2 is the one for methumb.gif as the other two seem a little noisy in the sky
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    Great i loved 2 and 3 most clap.gif
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    headscratch.gif For some reason these three images don't download for me.headscratch.gif I wish I could see them.

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    edited August 31, 2008
    All great shots !! # 2 is the one I like the best. I think I would also try it without the small cloud above the peak as well.

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    They all work very well for me. I like the green foothills in #3. Did you have a shot where the mt was not exactly centered in the image?
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    I think I like the first one the best. There may be a touch of green tint on the first and a touch of magenta on the third though.
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    They all work very well for me. I like the green foothills in #3. Did you have a shot where the mt was not exactly centered in the image?

I agree. I like the greens in #3.
  • Grumpy_oneGrumpy_one Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    These were all actually pp'd on different comp's with no calibrated monitor, working on that issue. As far as the noise in the sky, tried noise ninja, and even masked the sky when sharpening. I plan to go back to that location with lessons learned from this shoot. Plan ahead. Now I know why pencil and pad is important in a camera bag! I like this mountain, I'll get "the" shot eventually. I feel I'm getting close. Thanks for the feedback.

edit: one more note. I took a lot of bracketed shots. #3 is a compellation of 3 bracketed exposures I saved from photomatix before the process process. Something I happened across accidentally on purpose. I didn't like the final HDR, so saved before the process. It comes out as a tiff file totally over exposed. But a exposure layer fixed that. Kinda cool the way it turned out. I was pleasantly surprised. There was no other way to have good exposure on the lower part of the mountain without a graduated ND filter. Next on the list.
    5D3, 7D, 50 1.4, 580EX, EFS 70-200L 2.8 IS MkI, 1.4x TC, 24-70 MKII, 85 1.8,(that's it ...for now)
    http://www.happyvalleyphotography.com