Found: Canon EF-S 10-22

glovedesignerglovedesigner Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
edited September 9, 2008 in House of Canon
Please email me if anybody out there has moved up to full-frame and have an EF-S 10-22 for sale. Please email me your best price with shipping to California, the condition of the lens and a couple pictures of the lens. I will try to get back to you as soon as possible. Payment will be via Paypal. Thanks!

Comments

• glovedesignerglovedesigner Registered Users Posts: 157 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    WTB Canon EF-S 10-22

I guess the demand is higher than supply on this lens... Well, I'll give it another couple of weeks before I proceed ordering a new one from the store. Please email me if you have a decent one for sale. mwink.gif
  • jgoetz4jgoetz4 Registered Users Posts: 1,267 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    WTB Canon EF-S 10-22

I guess the demand is higher than supply on this lens... Well, I'll give it another couple of weeks before I proceed ordering a new one from the store. Please email me if you have a decent one for sale. mwink.gif
    Good Morning,
    Not sure where in California you are located, but have you tried craigslist.com ? Just quickly browsing through the San Fran & Los Angeles area, I noticed several Canon lenses for sale. Good luck thumb.gif
    Have a good day :D
    Jim...
    edited September 4, 2008
    Wtb Ef-s 10-22
    Thanks for the heads up Jim! I live in Ventura County, southen California. I've checked the local craigslist but can't find the lens I want. No big deal, with additional $100 or so, I can order a new one from B&H (free shipping). However, I'm still open to get an used one in excellent condition. Let me know.

Thanks!

jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Morning,
    Not sure where in California you are located, but have you tried craigslist.com ? Just quickly browsing through the San Fran & Los Angeles area, I noticed several Canon lenses for sale. Good luck thumb.gif
    Jim...
    edited September 5, 2008
    Thanks for the heads up Jim! I live in Ventura County, southen California. I've checked the local craigslist but can't find the lens I want. No big deal, with additional $100 or so, I can order a new one from B&H (free shipping). However, I'm still open to get an used one in excellent condition. Let me know.

Thanks!
    Good Morning,
    I have a friend who is contemplating selling his 10-22mm. He has your info and will send you an e-mail in the next day or two if he decides to sell it. He is asking $595 shipped in the US.
    The picture below shows just what it can do in a 15' x 12' room. That's why I can't sell my lens.
    Jim...
    edited September 5, 2008
    Ef-s 10-22
    Thanks again Jim! I'm looking forward to your friend's email!

I really don't think there'll be any body who will sell his/hers 10-22 if they are still using the 1.6 crop DSLRs. This is a must have lens! Hope your friend's is a sharp copy!

Jim, you stayed in a very fancy ocean view hotel room!
    jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Morning,
    I have a friend who is contemplating selling his 10-22mm. He has your info and will send you an e-mail in the next day or two if he decides to sell it. He is asking $595 shipped in the US.
    The picture below shows just what it can do in a 15' x 12' room. That's why I can't sell my lens.
    Jim...
    edited September 5, 2008
    Thanks again Jim! I'm looking forward to your friend's email!

I really don't think there'll be any body who will sell his/hers 10-22 if they are still using the 1.6 crop DSLRs. This is a must have lens! Hope your friend's is a sharp copy!

Jim, you stayed in a very fancy ocean view hotel room!
    Good Evening,
    Actually, the room was a test picture for one of my clients, Whiting-Turner, at the recently built, Westin hotel at National Harbor. Their Project Manager wanted to know if I could show some of the room details in a single picture. Needless to say, he was quite impressed by the amount of detail in that picture.
    Have a good evening :D
    Jim...
    edited September 8, 2008
    Wtb Ef-s 10-22
    Hello all, Jim's friend emailed me over the weekend and told me that he decided to keep his 10-22. I'm still open for a perfect condition 10-22. Please email me if you have one for sale! I will pay via PayPal.
    Thanks!
    edited September 9, 2008
    Found Ef-s 10-22
    Went ahead and purchased a brand new one from Adorama (free shipping, no tax) for $710. Thank you all for responding to my thread.
    edited September 9, 2008
    Went ahead and purchased a brand new one from Adorama (free shipping, no tax) for $710. Thank you all for responding to my thread.
    Good Afternoon & congrats on your new lens wings.gif
    It's a shame you had to buy it new. With all the talk about an updated 5D coming out soon, I would have thought the market would have been flooded withs lots of ef-s lenses. None the less, you will enjoy what that lens can do thumb.gif
    Jim...
    edited September 9, 2008
    Ef-s 10-22
    That's exactly what I thought but in reality I guess most people are not ready for the upgrade yet. I understand a 5D MKII + an EF 16-35 II cost way over $3,000!

Anyways! It's only about $100 extra to buy a new 10-22 compares to the asking price of an used one. I think I can justify it.

jgoetz4 wrote:
    Good Afternoon & congrats on your new lens wings.gif
    It's a shame you had to buy it new. With all the talk about an updated 5D coming out soon, I would have thought the market would have been flooded withs lots of ef-s lenses. None the less, you will enjoy what that lens can do thumb.gif
    Jim...