Covering up the Bra

Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
edited April 27, 2005 in People
What is the best way to make the bra non see thru? Is there a way to darken the shirt color? Should I clone the shirt from a diffrent spot?
www.dipphoto.com
All feed back is welcomed!!

http://www.dipphoto.com/

:lust :lust

Comments

• AngeloAngelo Super Moderators Posts: 8,937 moderator
    edited April 27, 2005
    this photos's aspect ration appears to have been distorted.
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    I would try cloning from the adjacent shirt. I've had good luck doing this, but you have to be careful in such a large area. Try cloning from the perimeter inward to achieve a more natural look.

mitch
  • wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    I would probably use the clone method that you mentioned to get rid of the "shiny" places . . .

and re-evaluate the use of fill flash if I ever shot the same model wearing the same outfit again!

You might also be able to use the "burn" tool set to "highlights" (and probably set at only 5 - 10%) to slightly darken the hot spots. That approach might be a little harder to blend.

There may be better solutions but those would be my first thoughts.
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    If you have Photoshop CS try using the "patch" tool.. it's a clone tool with a wider area and clones more evenly..
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    lynnma wrote:
    If you have Photoshop CS try using the "patch" tool.. it's a clone tool with a wider area and clones more evenly..
    Never tried that tool, thanks for the tip, Lynn.

For those with a fast connection, here's a quick little video tutorial on the patch tool.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • photoshowphotoshow Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    You can also try double cloning, this will often help you achieve a nice clean replacement.

First select a fairly large brush with a slightly soft edge

set the clone tool to "Darken"

Clone the area (it will look like crap)

Now with the same brush set the tool to "Lighten" and clone over the same area

Viola' the area should now blend nicely, if you still have a few light edges try running over the area with the burn tool set to midtones at about 25
    Bobby Deal - Commercial Photography * Vegas Vision Studios The Pro's choice for studio rental in Las Vegas
    Studio Photography Lighting and Modeling Workshops For the Discerning Taste
    "The only photographer we ought compare ourselves to is the one we used to be"
  • Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    the pic
    i took 6 attemps to get it to the size in both canvas and mb for up load.. had to crop and saved it in cs as a #1 sorry for a bad post of a pic.. the org. look great. Never use flash until this time... The room was to dark and forgot my tri-pod. :(
    www.dipphoto.com

• Aaron WilsonAaron Wilson Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    thank you
    THANK YOU lynnma... That patch tool under healing IS great... Had o look it up on how to use it.. but it took care of the problem!! 2 leasons learned.. a new tool and dont forget the tri-pod!! lol

Also thank you to every one else...l I'll have to try those ideas also!
    www.dipphoto.com

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,208 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    wxwax wrote:

For those with a fast connection, here's a quick little video tutorial on the patch tool.
    Great Link sid.. the patch tool works REALLY well for under eye correction for baggy eyed people works like a charm..clap.gif
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    Sid
    wxwax wrote:

Thanks for the great link
    What a gold mineclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Fred
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    USAIR wrote:
    Thanks for the great link
    What a gold mineclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Fred

:andy Google is my best friend. :D

Here's the link to his other video tutorials - Lasso Tool, Replace Colour, Background Eraser, Healing Brush, Clone Stamp, Layer Masking.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • lr1811lr1811 Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2005
    bra
    I just tell my subjects not to wear a bra... therefore no need to edit it out.

lol

sorry i could not be of anymore help!

Brian