Options

Eye-fi is great, but how to remove red-eye

Shooter_McSShooter_McS Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 1, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Hi Everyone,

Like many people I am an amateur photographer and love to take family photos. Recently I was on a quest to:

1. Take resonably good photos without too much complication
2. Get them edited and posted as easily as possible to a photo sharing website that I can share with family and friends.

To achieve these results, I purchased a Panasonic Lumix DMZ-FZ18 which is easy to use and produces great results. Following that, my research brought me to smugmug, where I purchased a one-year basic subscription. Lastly, I purchased an eye-fi card to get my photos downloaded to my computer and also automatically uploaded to smugmgug.

So now to backup and show-off my photos only requires me to turn on my camera near my wifi access point. This is tremendous!

There is only one last piece to the puzzle. Is there any way to remove red-eye directly from smugmug, or another connected photo editing website?

I know I can use picasa to edit the red-eye out and then use the smugmug plugin to uploaded the photos to my smugmug site, but that means I will have to wait to upload them until I edit them and I love the convenience of the auto upload.

Any ideas?

Thanks