Options

Warning: Expired Credit Card....

pancamopancamo Registered Users Posts: 55 Big grins
edited September 1, 2008 in SmugMug Support
I use paypal which generates credit cards that last a month, but I purchased a years account...

Smugmug should take this into account only show this warning when the account has expired, not when then card expired.

How do I get rid of this warning?

Warning: Expired Credit Card

Your credit card has expired. Please update your card details in your account settings. If you keep a current credit card on file with us, you can easily use SmugMug's shopping cart, renew, and Give the Gift of SmugMug.

Comments

• Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    Sorry, but we have a different message when an account is expired. The message you're seeing is specifically so you're aware we don't have a usable card on file for print orders, upgrades, etc. Your visitors won't see this message and it doesn't affect your account's functionality.

It can't be hidden, as far as I know. Sorry!

-Anne
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2008
    So I have to live with the message???? Why can't I just remove my credit card?

Seems live a simple IF (account expired and invalid credit card) statement should fix this.

come on guys... please fix this.

AnneMcBean wrote:
    Sorry, but we have a different message when an account is expired. The message you're seeing is specifically so you're aware we don't have a usable card on file for print orders, upgrades, etc. Your visitors won't see this message and it doesn't affect your accounts functionality.

It can't be hidden, as far as I know. Sorry!

-Anne
  • Options
    AnneMcBeanAnneMcBean Registered Users Posts: 503 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2008
    pancamo wrote:
    So I have to live with the message???? Why can't I just remove my credit card?

Seems live a simple IF (account expired and invalid credit card) statement should fix this.

come on guys... please fix this.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure I'm understanding. It's working as intended. You don't have a current card on file, and we're letting you know that.

Does the message just bug you? Perhaps we could make a way to dismiss it. I will say that with the site improvements and fixes we're currently working on, this one might be low on the list. Thanks for letting us know it's important to you, though.

-Anne
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2008
    yes it was very distracting... but it's gone now... so no harm if stays gone.

thanks

AnneMcBean wrote:
    I'm sorry, I'm not sure I'm understanding. It's working as intended. You don't have a current card on file, and we're letting you know that.

Does the message just bug you? Perhaps we could make a way to dismiss it. I will say that with the site improvements and fixes we're currently working on, this one might be low on the list. Thanks for letting us know it's important to you, though.

-Anne