Options

OT : need help understanding assignment.

CookieSCookieS Registered Users Posts: 854 Major grins
edited September 5, 2008 in Assignments
can you guys tell me, what comes to your minds with the heading
" post modern road trip" :huh

I was asking for a theme for a fashion editorial spread assignmnet. the above is what i got. but i cannot wrap my head aroud Post modern. the definitions i look up make no sense in this aspect?

ANY HELP???????

Comments

• Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited September 4, 2008
    CookieS wrote:
    can you guys tell me, what comes to your minds with the heading
    " post modern road trip" eek7.gif

I was asking for a theme for a fashion editorial spread assignmnet. the above is what i got. but i cannot wrap my head aroud Post modern. the definitions i look up make no sense in this aspect?

ANY HELP???????

When I think of postmodern I think of something that is between abstract and modern art. In the modern you have object that are of the times and almost have a "pop" art such as Andy Warhal type work. But that is my opinion. I think there is alot of room for interpetation of postmodern. Post meaning ...
    Abbreviation of post production, the process that occurs in the making of audio recordings, films/movies, photography, digital art, videos and television programs. It is the general term for all stages of production occurring after the actual recording and ending with the completed work.

Modern meaning...
    Modern generally means something that is "up-to-date", "new", or from the present time

Images of postmodern you can find at this link...
    http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&q=postmodernism&btnG=Search+Images

compared with modern images at this link...
    http://images.google.com/images?um=1&hl=en&q=postmodernism&btnG=Search+Images
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Major grins Bournemouth, UKPosts: 0 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    We were talking about something like this a while ago. In my other hobby (traction kite flying), there quite a few people who are making road trip video of the weekend away. Starting on the Friday afternoon leaving home, arriving, filming of the road going by, the weekend on the beach and finishing with tired bodies crashed out at home when you have arrived back home. .

The discussion got round to the ideal type of transport for this sort of road trip (from a filming point of view) and the favourite vehicle was the old style VW bull nose camper van, split screen of post split screen, all tricked out and lowered and fancy paint job. It would be like watching the old american Surfing films where the guys rolled up at the beach in a VW (the VW camper looking very standard), but with a modern turn to it.

Not sure if this is even close to what you are thinking\wanting but I hope it helps.

Tim