Movie Poster

shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
edited September 2, 2008 in People
A month ago you may remember I posted a headshot for a local small budget movie. They gave me a small roll. After the shoot, I asked if I could do his movie poster. Lucky for me, he said yes!

The movie is based on the theory that God cannot exist if evil does. Apparently that is an existing psychology theory. The movie plot goes on to prove that God does exist. Very interesting story line and if the director/producer gets the movie in front of the right group, I think it could grow legs.

Anyway, here it is. I would love a true "hold nothing back" attack on this as I would love it to be perfect when I present it to him.

Thanks for looking.

363843189_SVw4y-L.jpg

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited September 2, 2008
    Wow, I think you hit this one out of the park. Completely professional looking. The figure coming through the doorway and the menacing shadow is very well done. clap.gifclapclap.gif The only nit I have is that there are a couple of things on the sheet of paper that I don't recognize...one looks like a guitar pick, the other like a paint brush with a wavy handle. Maybe I just need more coffee. :D

If the movie is as good as the poster, it's going to be a hit.
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Anyway, here it is. I would love a true "hold nothing back" attack on this as I would love it to be perfect when I present it to him.

I'll shoot a few holes in it for ya :D :gun2

I don't think you're there yet, but you are onto something.
    My problems with this:

The movie title - I read that wrong first as "Evil - the problem".
    I don't see the connection of the foreground stuff to the rest of the things happening here, and the text on the cup (why is it there?) is too small.
    Actors' names are missing.

I'd say ditch the orange bit and go with just the dark blue theme. Re-design the title and maybe take the foreground toward a somewhat simpler approach. Work in a reference to the good as well?
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    Steven,
    First of all - spectacular work! thumb.gif

I have a few nits though..
    The bottom part looks drawn/cartoonish and conflicts with more "photographic" upper half. The said top looks really pro, the bottom - quite amateurish. It's also seems overloaded with details, thus completely missing the focal point: my eye jumps from a lady at a door step to a person with a stabber to a foam cup to a piece of paper... I understand all those things are probably very meaningful to the movie, but it's simply too much. You already have the juxtapostion between the top and the bottom with the fairly solid typeface work in between (3 major focal points already), having too much going on at the bottom is an overkill (pun intended:-), IMHO.
    HTH
    "May the f/stop be with you!"