Sierras - Extreme Plus - a teaser

PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
edited September 2, 2008 in Landscapes
363654712_8a9Lo-M-1.jpg
Just back to home in Italy after a 32 hour journey! This is just a teaser of our fabulous workshop in the Sierras, a video in Iphoto, produced by slinging a bunch of Point and Shoots from the new G9, into the programme. Views of our ascent through pristine trails into the Sabrina Basin, camp life (including the "loo"!), treks for photoshoots, great teaching and support from David and Marc, and Andy; demos and tutorials, including Andy modelling the Joby tripod. The food was first class, prepared by Dean and Steve. Andy felt his cheese slice needed further grilling on the rock, with handheld mirror.... The mule train, the descent back down to Cardinal Village, with more time to take photos (it seemed necessary to concentrate on breathing, on the way up, and multitasking, like photography, was not an option!), and lunch at the end of the trail. Final views of "our" mountains on the morning I left, (and the B&B I had stayed at on arrival), and a real hope to return to a stunning part of the world.

<object width="425" height="318"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008080703.swf&quot; /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=ZT0xJmk9MzYzNjM1NzA5Jms9bVJDd3AmYT01ODU1ODE1X3N3Slc1JnU9cGhvdG9lbXB0Zm9ydW0=" /><embed src="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008080703.swf&quot; flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9MzYzNjM1NzA5Jms9bVJDd3AmYT01ODU1ODE1X3N3Slc1JnU9cGhvdG9lbXB0Zm9ydW0=" width="425" height="318" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>
Sarah A Wager, MB BS

+39 075 878 0642 or on the web at
www.photoempt.com
photoempt.smugmug.com
www.rjslade.com
and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com

Comments

• thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    Hi Sarah,

It looks as though you had a fantastic time, thanks for taking those of us who weren't able to make it there with your shots thumb.gif I'm really enjoying watching your slideshow.

The food looks great as well, it's making me hungry. I'm really looking forward to seeing yours and everyone's work as the posts start to appear.

You must be exhausted after that trip back, phew.

I'm so jealous rolleyes1.gif

Charlie
  • PHOTOemptPHOTOempt Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    Hi Charlie - good to hear from you - I thought you'd be the first! Yeah - too bad you couldn't join us - it was great, and yes, the food was superb. For my first camping expedition ever, it was quite a surprise. Mules came up each day with fresh supplies, and we had a great, and varied diet. I am quite weary, to say the least. Hope to see you again on another trip - this could become a regular event for me. Both workshops have been a fabulous experience. All the best, Sarah
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
    and if you are interested in our italian cooking school here in Monte Castello di Vibio check out www.umbriacucina.com
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    Bravo! It was so great to see you again, Sarah :D Thanks for making the trip so great, and yeah, you get the extreme ++ annotation, for sure :D

To get out of camp each day, we had to do this little bit of rock hopping:

362570067_5aTQ8-XL.jpg

In the beginning of the week, Sarah needed a bit of help,

362579366_iACyF-L.jpg

but by the end of the week, she was a true champion clap.gifclap.gif

362578861_cV4ob-L.jpg

Here's a shot I took the morning I shot that area with you, Sarah, I really liked the S-curvy of this:

364021482_5tGZb-XL.jpg
  • thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    I see those stepping stones, and I think of Kerry ne_nau.gif

Charlie
  • SteveFSteveF Registered Users Posts: 466 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    Really enjoyed the slide show Sarah - good idea.

Guess maybe those P&S cameras are a good idea after all. :D

Nice job rendering the Sarah bridge as well. I took one too and will post it as soon as my images are finished getting renamed, key-worded and backed-up.
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    That is very cool waiting for more :ivar
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    Oh man...

With the trip and 3 trips up to the Bristlecones and 2 trips to Mono lake afterward, I have 35 GB of photos to cull through. Gonna take a bit :-)

Nice meeting you Sarah!
    edited September 2, 2008
    but by the end of the week, she was a true champion clap.gifclap.gif
    364295582_fL7Sw-M.jpg

Hi Andy - more kindness than accuracy in that statement, which is much appreciated, but I guess there were small improvements and less whining? My photo of the Sarah Slade memorial bridge reflects the intimidation factor of the rocks rather than the apparently inherent beauty in the scene, and I chose some harsh light to top off the vision of my nemesis!!
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    PHOTOempt wrote:
    Sarah Slade memorial bridge

Sarah you are so funny! I'm glad you got to go on this trip and it looks like it was so much fun. I certainly hope that this isn't the last time we can catch you at a workshop. :D
    edited September 2, 2008
    schmoo wrote:
    Sarah you are so funny! I'm glad you got to go on this trip and it looks like it was so much fun. I certainly hope that this isn't the last time we can catch you at a workshop. :D

Hi Schmoo - me too. I've put in for a cruise request for the next workshop - challenging like climbing to another deck, or even to the bridge on really strenuous outings. I see it as being important to maintaining my new level of fitness:ivar
    Sarah A Wager, MB BS

www.photoempt.com
    photoempt.smugmug.com
    www.rjslade.com
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    thebigsky wrote:
    I see those stepping stones, and I think of Kerry ne_nau.gif

Charlie

What, of me tripping and falling into the stream with all my gear? lol3.gif I really need to go on these workshops only if you're there, Charlie, the number of times you helped me get out of situations I got myself into.

Sarah, these are great images. I love your slideshow! And miss you all over again. Definitely keep coming to the workshops! I hope to catch up with you again soon. iloveyou.gif
  • CatOneCatOne Registered Users Posts: 957 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    Who is the shooter and who is the pixel peeper?

364553956_sJBPR-XL.jpg
    mwink.gif