Strangers brought together

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited September 2, 2008 in People
...for a sunset.

I don't usually take scenic pictures since I am just not the best at it, and to be honest find the scenic stuff a little boring. I love people pictures! So when I saw this sunset, I just had to capture it, but knew it wouldn't mean as much to me without my favorite subjects also included.

Let me know if you guys think this works.

363971778_kn23t-XL.jpg

Oh, and I had to remove my watermark from this image otherwise you couldn't see half the subjects. So if you wanna steal it from me, I guess you can pretty easily. But, Puhleease don't bother.

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    That is way cool. The colors are something wonderful and you got the people without having them go completely black. Well done!

Where is that? It looks like it's looking west (more or less), south of Anchorage at the mouth of the Turnagain Arm. If I guessed right, it's because of the mud flats - they remind me of the Turnagain Arm when the tide's out.
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    It is at Submarine Park- at least that is what they called it when I was a kid. I don't know what it is called now.

Go down 5th ave and keep going straight instead of turning at Minn. like the road tries to force you to do. It takes you down to a salt marshy area by the coastal trail.
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    Scenics are boring?? :cry

The light triangle under the sun is sweet!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    It is at Submarine Park- at least that is what they called it when I was a kid. I don't know what it is called now.

Go down 5th ave and keep going straight instead of turning at Minn. like the road tries to force you to do. It takes you down to a salt marshy area by the coastal trail.
    Well, I guess the only part I got right was that you were looking west and that you were in AK!:D Now I know another place to go for shots if I'm in the area at sunset (really looking forward to my next visit to AK).
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2008
    Very cool thumb.gif ... hmmmmm, I need to get out more often rolleyes1.gif
    edited September 2, 2008
    Scenics are boring?? :cry

The light triangle under the sun is sweet!

Well now, I guess I shouldn't say they are all boring- just mostly my attempts at them. Laughing.gif!:D
    Thanks MP
    edited September 2, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Very cool thumb.gif ... hmmmmm, I need to get out more often rolleyes1.gif
    Well if you didn't take quite so many amazing pictures of brides.... And gave them MY phone number instead.... JK

Glad you liked it!