Options

Pro Price Sheets

HurlyHurly Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
edited September 25, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
This may have been covered multiple times, but when I searched I couldn't find an answer. Can I create "Price Sheets"? I want one set of prices for Senior Portraits, a second set of Prices for Sports Photos, etc. Then I can just assign a Gallery to use a price sheet.

I believe right now, I set up the prices in one Gallery and then when I create another Gallery I can say copy over those same prices. After I've done this over and over, I have a lot of Gallery specific prices. If I want to change them all, it's a pain.

Let me know what you think, if it's already available, when it's coming, etc.
Thanks

Comments

• Options
    jhelmsjhelms Registered Users Posts: 651 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    Hurly wrote:
    This may have been covered multiple times, but when I searched I couldn't find an answer. Can I create "Price Sheets"? I want one set of prices for Senior Portraits, a second set of Prices for Sports Photos, etc. Then I can just assign a Gallery to use a price sheet.

I believe right now, I set up the prices in one Gallery and then when I create another Gallery I can say copy over those same prices. After I've done this over and over, I have a lot of Gallery specific prices. If I want to change them all, it's a pain.

Let me know what you think, if it's already available, when it's coming, etc.
    Thanks

Same thing, I noticed this when updating a portrait gallery the other day and wondered if there was an easier way that I should have been doing it...
    John in Georgia
    Nikon | Private Photojournalist
  • Options
    bkatzbkatz Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    This would be awesome!

Great call Hurly!clap.gif
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    Create a gallery call "prices of seniors shots" or whatever. Put one image in there, so you can set gallery prices. You have to have a photo there to do this. Set the gallery prices. Then when you create a new gallery under the pricing area you can choose "prices of senior shots" to copy the prices from that gallery for the new gallery.

Then repeat these steps for the different price tiers that you have.

I use it, but sometimes don't necessarily copy the original sometimes in the list a gallery with the prices I want comes up before and I just choose that.

You can do a similar thing with gallery setttings (eg. size available, printing on or off, etc.). I tend to have the default for all galleries set to unlisted so I can double check setting before going "live".

Hope this helps.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    bkatzbkatz Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    bham wrote:
    Create a gallery call "prices of seniors shots" or whatever. Put one image in there, so you can set gallery prices. You have to have a photo there to do this. Set the gallery prices. Then when you create a new gallery under the pricing area you can choose "prices of senior shots" to copy the prices from that gallery for the new gallery.

Then repeat these steps for the different price tiers that you have.

I use it, but sometimes don't necessarily copy the original sometimes in the list a gallery with the prices I want comes up before and I just choose that.

You can do a similar thing with gallery setttings (eg. size available, printing on or off, etc.). I tend to have the default for all galleries set to unlisted so I can double check setting before going "live".

Hope this helps.

Although I had never thought of Hurly's original suggestion I have done yours. The issue is that the galleries seemed to be ordered in random and when you have a couple hundred it gets hard to find....
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2008
    bkatz wrote:
    Although I had never thought of Hurly's original suggestion I have done yours. The issue is that the galleries seemed to be ordered in random and when you have a couple hundred it gets hard to find....

Same thing here, as of now I've been doing it as bham suggests, but just looking for a better way as I get more galleries uploaded (22k pics on SM so far).
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2008
    Its about the only way I have found. I am at over 200k photos on one site and 350k on another.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    edited September 24, 2008
    So on a similar note if I now want to add the ability for people to purchase the new metallic prints I'm going to have to change allllllll the galleries that are not at the portfolio price level? eek7.gif (I have two levels of pricing - portfolio and then portrait/wedding prices).
    John in Georgia
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2008
    All you have to do is to change one gallery. Then in another gallery, go to set prices, then click "Galleries" and select which gallery to copy prices from and then select all those you want to copy it to. Not simple but manageable. I have 939 galleries. I am putting off adding metallic to older galleries for a while.