Options

It's that time of year...can we get calendars please?

DianaPricePhotoDianaPricePhoto Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
edited September 12, 2008 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
I know this has been asked before, but if we are going to market 2009 calendars, we need to start very soon. I really hate to have to send people to a separate site to buy calendars. Really, this should be a high priority, especially given the time frame -- if it isn't an option soon, we will miss the chance to really utilize this for another year.

PLEASE get us some calendars!!!!

Comments

• Options
    edited September 3, 2008
    I guess the complete lack of response means no. Maybe it's time to look for a service that does do calendars.
  • Options
    edited September 11, 2008
    Here's a new question, since this one didn;t get answered
    I guess the complete lack of response means no. Maybe it's time to look for a service that does do calendars.

Does anyone know of a hosting service that has a pro lab and does calendars?
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2008
    Hey Diana, sorry we missed this - for a never-miss way to holler at us, just email us at our help desk.

I'm glad you bumped this thread.

No, we don't have calendars for this year, sorry :( I hope we have 'em one day. But don't leave us for that! I've actually been selling calendars from lulu.com myself for a few years.
  • Options
    edited September 12, 2008
    Andy wrote:
    Hey Diana, sorry we missed this - for a never-miss way to holler at us, just email us at our help desk.

I'm glad you bumped this thread.

No, we don't have calendars for this year, sorry :( I hope we have 'em one day. But don't leave us for that! I've actually been selling calendars from lulu.com myself for a few years.

I saw on another thread where coupons are on the backburner to integrate a new lab.

I realize everyone has their own ideas of priorities, but items that directly affect sales and cash flow seem to be the highest priority to me. I am aware of lulu, but I do not want to make potential customers go to a different source for purchases --- it looks unprofessional and is inconvenient to customers to have to send them here and there for different products. I also don't care for the limited designs at lulu, so it looks like I would have to get a certain number of calendars printed, then sell them separately from print sales, which means I would have to set up a paypal shopping cart for one item.

I'm about at the point of just using a paypal shopping cart for everything and then place drop ship orders myself through different vendors. But that would be a huge pain and I really don't think that should be necessary. Coupons, packages and calendars seem like pretty basic needs for a site that wants to cater to pros.

I mean, cheesy things like ceramic tiles, aprons and puzzles are available, but not calendars? How many photographers are making sales on items like that? I wouldn't think too many.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    I saw on another thread where coupons are on the backburner to integrate a new lab.
    Not back burner just delayed a bit :) We will get there on calendars.

Oh and tiles, mousepads, mugs? You'd be amazed deal.gif
  • Options
    SheafSheaf Registered Users, SmugMug Product Team Posts: 775 SmugMug Employee
    I mean, cheesy things like ceramic tiles, aprons and puzzles are available, but not calendars? How many photographers are making sales on items like that? I wouldn't think too many.

To be fair, those items are much, much easier to add than calendars (or coupons/packages/etc.). We will do calendars and we will do them right, but it's not as easy as simply adding an apron that has a single photo and no design elements.
    SmugMug Product Manager