More dewdrops

Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
edited September 9, 2008 in Holy Macro
Some more dewdrop refractions I'm afraid. Bit of a wait but I may be getting a 2010 calendar of dewdrop shots published.

Brian V.

2814712570_85ba78c659_o.jpg

2814712576_79dd23ca77_o.jpg

2814729406_ee4d1a4979_o.jpg

2820202219_2480d0866b_o.jpg

2821075836_22889cd210_o.jpg

2821075842_9dfc5e75bb_o.jpg

2821075864_ab76a0ea4c_o.jpg

Comments

• pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    I'd say you have at least summer covered thumb.gif

Fresh leaves for spring, frost for winter, coloured leaves for autumn? I might go for calendar like that :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • canon400dcanon400d Banned Posts: 2,826 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    I'd say you have at least summer covered thumb.gif

Fresh leaves for spring, frost for winter, coloured leaves for autumn? I might go for calendar like that :D

Excellent series Brian. I think the calander is a wonderful idea but what about 2009?
    Regards
    Bob
  • GOLDENORFEGOLDENORFE Super Moderators Posts: 4,747 moderator
    edited September 3, 2008
    great shots,Brian bowdown.gifclap.gif , looking at them again like the single drop for its simplicity.
    callender great idea!
    phil
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/goldenorfe/
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    I'll be looking for a calendar! I buy my mother one every year for Christmas and she would love this!!

Thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • picturegirlpicturegirl Registered Users Posts: 245 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    Amazingly beautiful!
  • Lord VetinariLord Vetinari Registered Users Posts: 15,901 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Thanks for the comments all - much appreciated :)

Bob - I thought the publishers were talking about a 2009 calendar- came as a suprise to me they are designing the 2010 ones now.

Brian V.
  • matasamatasa Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Amazing!!!
    I can resist everything except temptation
    edited September 4, 2008
    Thanks for the comments all - much appreciated :)

Bob - I thought the publishers were talking about a 2009 calendar- came as a suprise to me they are designing the 2010 ones now.

Brian V.

Truprint had a secial offer last December and I made a calander for this year of wildlife shots. I was able to design it myself etc etc and I am sure they will be doing the same offer later on this year for next year. I was very pleased with the end product and hopefully do the same again.
    Regards
    Bob
  • teamracephotosteamracephotos Registered Users Posts: 492 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Wonderful images... as always :o) inspirational!
    Congratulation on the calendar, will you let us know where we can get one? MM
    “I love not man the less, but Nature more.”
    — Lord Byron
  • RobbugRobbug Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    LordV,
    Well you got me back into macros. I have been lurking for a few weeks and I have to tell you I am quite impressed by your work. I have done a few tutorials and have been attempting some of your techniques. I guess I had best get into gardening. :D

Awesome shots!

Rob
    www.refractivephotos.com

The Holy Trinity of Photography - Light, Color, and Gesture
    edited September 5, 2008
    Thanks again for the comments and congrats :)

Bob- Yes I know you can do your own but this way someone else does the hard work and I get paid for it :)

TRP hopefully I will get to know where the calendar is being marketed.

Rob - Macro probably more than any other form of photography takes a lot of work on technique and I get a lot of practice being retired :). Have to admit having a garden that bugs seem to like helps :)

Brian V.
    edited September 5, 2008
    Thanks again for the comments and congrats :)

Bob- Yes I know you can do your own but this way someone else does the hard work and I get paid for it :)

TRP hopefully I will get to know where the calendar is being marketed.

Rob - Macro probably more than any other form of photography takes a lot of work on technique and I get a lot of practice being retired :). Have to admit having a garden that bugs seem to like helps :)

Brian V.

I understand Brian and I wish you all the success which you truly deserve. I hope you will let me know more as I will certainly purchase a calander and it will save me all the trouble in designing one.
    Regards
    Bob
  • Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    Stunning again Brian.

The brightness and clarity is amazing.

How close to the dewdrops were the flowers, and did you have the grasses set up at a suitable shooting height (like, planted in a plant pot left on a wheelie bin, for example?).

Paul.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

• Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2008
    Wow amazing
    Great to hear about calendar !
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited September 7, 2008
    Thanks Paul and Awais for the comments :)

Paul - no it's just grass on my lawn. I have some mats outside than I have to get down on all fours on to take these shots :) The flower is around 1 to 2 " behind the droplets depending on the size of the flower.

Brian V.
  • Paul IddonPaul Iddon Registered Users Posts: 5,129 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    Cheers Brian.

Link to my personal website: http://www.pauliddon.co.uk

• SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2008
    Some more dewdrop refractions I'm afraid. Bit of a wait but I may be getting a 2010 calendar of dewdrop shots published.

Brian V.

A 2010 Calendar whoohoooo!!! clap.gif :ivar wings.gifclap.gif :ivar wings.gifclap.gif
    Way to go Brian, how exciting.

It's a very unique type of Photography, and the images you produce,
    are just stunning Brian, I'm sure it will do well.

These one's are just amazing too .... I'm so pleased for you Brian thumb.gif
    ... Skippy :D
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
    edited September 8, 2008
    Skippy wrote:
    A 2010 Calendar whoohoooo!!! clap.gif :ivar wings.gifclap.gif :ivar wings.gifclap.gif
    Way to go Brian, how exciting.

It's a very unique type of Photography, and the images you produce,
    are just stunning Brian, I'm sure it will do well.

These one's are just amazing too .... I'm so pleased for you Brian thumb.gif
    ... Skippy :D

THanks skippy :)
    Brian V.
  • Marc LangilleMarc Langille Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    I wish I was retired... :cry

Your post/reply to Rob is so true - macro was the first kind of photography I became serious about. It teaches you so much about lighting, DOF, aperture, etc. I spent a LOT of time getting away from those OOF (out of focus) shots - lots of bug butts or leaves in focus in those first months!thumb.gifThe spin off is that I've applied it to many kinds of photography (wildlife and nature especially). No regrets - ever.
    (my apologies - not my intent to hijack the thread, just expanding on that comment)

Seriously, these are beautiful Brian, and I am really glad to hear that a calendar is in the works! wings.gifWonderful news - I would like to purchase one if possible. Please keep us in the loop on any updates!

Regards,
    Marc
  • RobbugRobbug Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2008
    Seriously, Brian is an inspiration to keep me motivated - retired or not. Every picture I get that resembles the same subject as one that Brian has taken I compare to some degree and evaluate. While not retired...yet (4 years to go), I still find any moment I can to go practice. Even if it's just for a moment of 3 or 4 pics. I get little bits of info here and there and put it together. Ex: DIY macro flash :) I have a foam bowl around the lens with foil for the inline flash now. Saving up for the Canon dual macro flash. I digress with the hijacking Laughing.gif.

And I am glad you are putting together a calender. Any ideas if it will be available in the US?
    And keep them coming Brian!

Rob
    www.refractivephotos.com

The Holy Trinity of Photography - Light, Color, and Gesture
    edited September 9, 2008
    Thanks for the kind comments Rob and Marc :)

I don't know at the moment any marketing details for the calender but will let you know when I find out.

Brian V.