7... going on 17

heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
edited September 5, 2008 in People
Ain't she cute!?

After I did her sisters pictures for the 1st day of school, Gracie asked me if I would do a photo shoot of just her. How could I say no?!?

364258300_7YZt3-M.jpg
364257116_mAT8S-M.jpg

364267149_MaZFg-M.jpg

364256030_Vtfa2-M.jpg

364265887_yowA2-M.jpg

364259771_8AkNA-M.jpg

7. This is one of the out takes. Her little sister brought her a cranberry that wasn't quite ripe and Gracie ate it. I guess it was *just a bit* sour.

364261850_X4jyK-M.jpg

8. & 9. Then she realized I was clicking away the whole time and was at first, embarassed and then thought it was funny.
364262371_NMj43-S.jpg364263848_WtaPg-S.jpg

I love the last because she is very self concious of her teeth, but has a brilliant smile when she shows them. This is the real Gracie- glad you get to meet her! I know you guys are gonna whine aobut the cut off elbows, but like I said, they were out takes...

C & C are welcome and, of course, appreciated!

Comments

• jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    Excellent!!!!thumb.gif All!!!bowdown.gif

That is some sweet light and one cute girl. Indeed, how could you say no.:D
  • ShepsMomShepsMom Registered Users Posts: 4,319 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    Beautiful shots of a beautiful girl. I can't really chose a favorite, they all are great. She'll be a heartbreaker at 17!!! clap.gif
    Marina
    www.intruecolors.com
    Nikon D700 x2/D300
    Nikon 70-200 2.8/50 1.8/85 1.8/14.24 2.8
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Excellent!!!!thumb.gif All!!!bowdown.gif

That is some sweet light and one cute girl. Indeed, how could you say no.:D

Thanks Jeff! Dad has a harder time of saying no than I do, but then again he is wrapped around her finger. But she is one of the nicest, most complient little girls you would ever meet. (Guess what? I am pretty proud of her...)
    edited September 3, 2008
    ShepsMom wrote:
    Beautiful shots of a beautiful girl. I can't really chose a favorite, they all are great. She'll be a heartbreaker at 17!!! clap.gif

Gracie at 17 is scary beyond all reason- but I bet you are right about that. She has some good looks and lives up to her name quite well.

My hubbie laughingly threatens to shoot the first one that comes calling and then leave him on the front porch as a warning to the rest... We'll see how that works out in about 20 years or so.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    You know, if I can ever even get ONE SHOT of my daughter that shows something even close to beauty of that lighting and exposure, then I can call myself a photographer.

bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gifbow

Beautiful girl; beautiful pictures. (And can I just say that my own recent efforts were, in part, inspired by the pix you showed of your little one's kindergarten debut? Made me just want to take A outside and take pictures just to practice!)
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    What should I say?? ... Wonderful!!! clap.gifclap
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited September 3, 2008
    She is a cutie Heather! My lil one is just as much in love with the camera as Gracie. She asked about her the other day. You know that I homeschool right? She wants to get together with your kids again soon. I told her maybe we can figure out a good day to visit soon. Wouldn't it be fun to have an indoor session (or outdoor if the weather improves ) with all the kids dressing up in grown up cloths and costumes??? I know lil one would have a blast.
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2008
    Hi Heather...

Fantastic, fun shots! Take many many more, because they grow up very fast!

I noticed that below your avatar it says you live in Wasilla Alaska? So I have to ask... What do you think of Sarah Palin?

Winston
    [SIZE=-1][/SIZE]
    edited September 3, 2008
    Hi Heather...

Fantastic, fun shots! Take many many more, because they grow up very fast!

I noticed that below your avatar it says you live in Wasilla Alaska? So I have to ask... What do you think of Sarah Palin?

Winston

Well, I just think she is so awesome, I can't believe it. Don't get me started! I am just so darn excited about her being on the ticket. Finally! Someone to vote for! But if you wanna see some pictures I took of her, check out this thread : http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=104213

Seriously, she is such a great lady- you wouldn't believe all the great changes she has made in our state. My favorite story right now of her is how someone in the McCain's administration said that they warned her about how hard the media would hit her and she replied with a question: "Do you know the difference between a bulldog and a hockey mom? Lipstick!"
    I love it!
    And if you drive down the street anywhere in AK right now you see sign after sign saying "Go Sarah GO" and stuff like that. She has a lot of pleased people up here. One man I was talking to works up on the North Slope. When the announcement was made that Sarah was nominated, all the men were cheering and had tears and everything. Pretty amazing the reaction everyone has had up here. I would almost equate it to being as strong as 9/11.
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Picking a favorite is easy - I love the very last one. Like you say, she really comes through in that one. Another favorite has got to be #4 - don't know why - it just strikes me.
    My hubbie laughingly threatens to shoot the first one that comes calling and then leave him on the front porch as a warning to the rest... We'll see how that works out in about 20 years or so.
    Just have him check out Bill Engvall's skit where he has a line that goes something like, "Listen son, she's my life, my very life. You treater her right, 'cause if you don't ... well ... I have no problem going back to prison."
    Seriously, she is such a great lady- you wouldn't believe all the great changes she has made in our state. My favorite story right now of her is how someone in the McCain's administration said that they warned her about how hard the media would hit her and she replied with a question: "Do you know the difference between a bulldog and a hockey mom? Lipstick!"
    I love it!
    And if you drive down the street anywhere in AK right now you see sign after sign saying "Go Sarah GO" and stuff like that. She has a lot of pleased people up here. One man I was talking to works up on the North Slope. When the announcement was made that Sarah was nominated, all the men were cheering and had tears and everything. Pretty amazing the reaction everyone has had up here. I would almost equate it to being as strong as 9/11.
    It's amazing what you get (an 80% approval rating) when you do the right things the right way and keep your promises. I was hugely impressed with her last night and I'm a cynic by nature - especially when it comes to politicians (but I really don't think she's a real politician - just someone on a mission!). OK, enough politics for one post - we now return you to the topic at hand - photography!:D
  • jpendley77jpendley77 Registered Users Posts: 42 Big grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Love the candids. I am a BIG fan!bowdown.gif
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Ok..my faves.....um all of them. Geez, what personality!...suppose she takes after Aunt huh? Adorable facial expressions. Oh, wait Fred, you cut off her elbows rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • jayegirljayegirl Registered Users Posts: 276 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    These are great! I was going to guess number 4 showed her personality until you said it was the last one. By the way, #4 and the last one are my favs.
    Jaye
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    Love them!!!! Great shoot !thumb.gif
    edited September 5, 2008
    jpendley77 wrote:
    Love the candids. I am a BIG fan!bowdown.gif

Thanks! Those are really fun! Blackmail pictures, huh.mwink.gif
    edited September 5, 2008
    Swartzy wrote:
    Ok..my faves.....um all of them. Geez, what personality!...suppose she takes after Aunt huh? Adorable facial expressions. Oh, wait Fred, you cut off her elbows rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

Steve, now you know your opinion is one I value. I do have to agree with you on the facial expressions. She is rather adorable. Thanks so much for your kind appraisal. I'd much rather hear from you than that Dave guy.
    (And humblest apologies about the elbows. I bet she shall miss them when performing menial tasks like scratching her eyebrow)
    edited September 5, 2008
    jayegirl wrote:
    These are great! I was going to guess number 4 showed her personality until you said it was the last one. By the way, #4 and the last one are my favs.

Thanks! #4 is fun. I love how her arm draws your eye away from her face and then back to it. I am going to have to remember that pose! But you are right, that last one takes the cake.
    edited September 5, 2008
    Travis wrote:
    Love them!!!! Great shoot !thumb.gif
    Thanks! I bet they will be on my walls one of these days!