Rainin' in the City

DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
edited September 5, 2008 in Other Cool Shots
so i decided i'd go for a little field trip today after school with a couple friends. walked around Kansas City, saw some historic sights/landmarks. didn't take too many shots but i'm pretty pleased with this one. If you live anywhere near Kansas City, MO the "western auto" sign is probably the most recognizable icon in the skyline. As always C&C are welcome.

365331722_rr3uw-X2.jpg

DanB
Daniel Bauer
smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• dkoyanagidkoyanagi Registered Users Posts: 656 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Very nice. I like the light reflected of the wet street. Did you use any perspective correction on this photo?
  • DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    dkoyanagi wrote:
    Very nice. I like the light reflected of the wet street. Did you use any perspective correction on this photo?

nope, i see what you're talking about though, the street looks like it has a little barrel distortion. I think that could just be the road though, cause i was on the top of a little hill
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• leaforteleaforte Registered Users Posts: 1,948 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    I like the foreground alot. The one part of of the side walk has a nice meld with the reflection on the pavement. speckle/speckle.
    Growing with Dgrin

• jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    DanielB wrote:
    nope, i see what you're talking about though, the street looks like it has a little barrel distortion. I think that could just be the road though, cause i was on the top of a little hill

This is a fine photo. I think the distortion is probably more evident and distracting in the building, not the sidewalk.

Oops. Let me expand on that. Line up the left side of the building with the left side of the frame and you'll fix it.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • dreamlessdreamless Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    I do live in the KC area, just south of you being that you live in Lenexa and he is correct, the Western Auto sign is a very recognizable icon.