One of my lovely sisters.

TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
edited September 8, 2008 in People
After my previous flops, lol, I can't imagine these being worst. C & C is allwasy appreciated and noted.

Thanks for looking.

365414632_7GNtH-L.jpg

365414657_QFbKn-L.jpg

365414655_6S8pm-L.jpg
Frank Martinez
Nikon Shooter
It's all about the moment...

Comments

• Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif - very lovely sister.

C&C

The first one is very nice. You have good light on her and you have the near eye nicely in focus.

The other two don't work for me, they are focused on the side of her head. With portraits, it's usually best if at least one eye is in focus (if you have eyes in the photo). Failing that, it's the point of interest that should be in focus - somehow, I doubt the side of one's head qualifies as a "point of interest."
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    15524779-Ti.gif - very lovely sister.

C&C

The first one is very nice. You have good light on her and you have the near eye nicely in focus.

The other two don't work for me, they are focused on the side of her head. With portraits, it's usually best if at least one eye is in focus (if you have eyes in the photo). Failing that, it's the point of interest that should be in focus - somehow, I doubt the side of one's head qualifies as a "point of interest."

You know what's funny? I thought I had put her eye in focus. I think I'm going blind because when I'm looking in the viewfinder, the picture is different from how I see it.

And I'm looking over the pic and I still can't see the focal point. LoL.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Trevlan wrote:
    You know what's funny? I thought I had put her eye in focus. I think I'm going blind because when I'm looking in the viewfinder, the picture is different from how I see it.

And I'm looking over the pic and I still can't see the focal point. LoL.
    On #1 the focus point appears to be the outside corner of her right eye (the one closest to the camera).

#2 and #3 it appears the top of her ear is in sharpest focus.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2008
    1st shot is great..she has lovely smile and eyes. Shots 2 and 3 really don't do anything for me.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    I will make it unanimous!
    I agree with the others. I really like number 1. Her eyes and facial expression are great. Thanks for sharing.
  • nikosnikos Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2008
    She's definitely lovely!

Picture #1 is the best of the bunch. The composition is good and it also shows her nice, sincere smile.

My biggest gripe with it is your skin blurring technique. The only effect you're achieving is to give her skin a fake, plastic-like feel. You'll get much better results if you just stick to the healing brush and remove any temporary blemishes.

If you like, post the original picture and I'll see what I can come up with along with a step by step description.

Nikos