I am sick

Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
edited September 4, 2008 in Cameras
Doctor has diagnosed some "Red Ribbon" disease.:D

Got my 17-40L today with some discount because of delay. It is charm to use but my xti looks kid when mounted on it.

Loved smooth operations and instant and quiet focusing and that red ribbon. Feelings are so solid exactly what i want.

Oh man my dreams are coming true and true day by day .

:barb
Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery

Comments

• pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    It finally made it? Cool!

Post some pictures then :D
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,955 moderator
    edited September 4, 2008

Got my 17-40L today with some discount because of delay. It is charm to use but my xti looks kid when mounted on it.

Loved smooth operations and instant and quiet focusing and that red ribbon. Feelings are so solid exactly what i want.

wings.gif
    You had me worried there for a moment. Congratulations. Glad they finally delivered. :ivar:ivar:ivar
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    :D Thanks here is one i shot on my way back home
    365467873_rBeM5-L.jpg
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 24,081 moderator
    edited September 4, 2008
    Wonderful news Awais. clap.gifclap

I am so happy for you.
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Richard wrote:
    You had me worried there for a moment. Congratulations. Glad they finally delivered. :ivar:ivar:ivar
    I'll second that. Even after I read about your "red ribbon" disease I was wondering if there was something being lost in the translation and that you were, indeed, ill.

So very glad to hear that this is just a manifestation of the dreaded "L"choholic disease!rolleyes1.gif

Glad to hear that the lens has finally arrived and that Canon did something (the discount) to make the delay in it's arrival a little more palatable.

OK, so your XTi is too small for the lens. Hmmmm I guess you'll just have to start investigating the new 50D:D It never ends does it!

Again, congratulations on the arrival of your new toy!
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    wings.gifbarbwings.gifbarbwings.gifivar:ivar:ivar:ivar:ivarCONGRATULATIONS
    AWAIS bowdown.gifbow
    bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifthumb.gifthumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008

wings.gif
    FINALLY!

Took it awhile to get to you! And you get a discount for the issues! clap.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    :D Thanks
    Personally i don't like posting thread with title like that will be becareful next time :D

Loving the built :ivar

Thanks

My Gallery
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    I am very happy to hear the good news Awais, and I know we all look forward to seeing new images with your new lens clap.gifwings.gif
  • ulrikftulrikft Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Congrats! :)
    -Ulrik

Canon EOS 30D, Canon 50mm f/1.4, Sigma 70-200 f/2.8, Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, Tokina 12-24 f/4. Sigma 1.4 TC, Feisol 3401 Tripod + Feisol ballhead, Metz 58 AF-1 C, ebay triggers.
  • Tee WhyTee Why Registered Users Posts: 2,390 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    Hey Congrats.
    In the US we call it a red ring and the "L Fever." ha ha ha.
  • CameronCameron Registered Users Posts: 745 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008

Did the doctor tell you that the disease was progressive and over time it is inevitable that you will get more and more Red Ribbons? There is no cure...

Congrats on the new purchase! You'll love it. thumb.gif
  • Jekyll & HydeJekyll & Hyde Registered Users Posts: 170 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2008
    CSwinton wrote:
    Did the doctor tell you that the disease was progressive and over time it is inevitable that you will get more and more Red Ribbons? There is no cure...
    J: Plus it's contagious!

H: It vectors not only by physical contact (that great build and feel), but also through it's ummmm "By-Products."

J: There have even been documented cases of its spread through mere Word of Mouth, sometimes over vast distances!

H: And new research has suggested that the Red Ribbon virus can now replicate itself Electronically! Affecting large populations connected only by something called a Common Interest. No lie!

J: I must now go and isolate myself for at least 90 days. And PRAY that the fever lifts.

H: Thanks so much Awais.

J&H
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited September 4, 2008
    Yay, you finally got it! clap.gif

Now, get out there and take some shots with it! :D